ACT 2 ending

More
22 years 1 week ago #1450 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic ACT 2 ending
He, uhm sorry durielk said he'd disabled the gunstars, but couldn't kill off the station - that's where my advice came in. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 week ago #1451 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic ACT 2 ending
While keeping the station is targeted, use your cutting beam on the gunstars. You can inflict damage on the station after the last gunstar has been destroyed.

More
22 years 5 days ago #1522 by durielk
Replied by durielk on topic ACT 2 ending
OK, got rid of the HQ command. I had everyone attack my target.

STILL HAVE PROBLEM, HELP!

I can't target the power feeds on the battle cruiser at the ship yard and they keep toasting me with the disrupter. I am really close and can't understand why I can't subtarget the power feeds they talk about and find out where these things are. Where are they, on the ship or remote pods like the other location?

Another issue is I don't have a cutting beam, I have some cutting stuff in my inventory, do I have to do something with it to get it into the ship's weapon inventory?

Thanks

More
22 years 5 days ago #1525 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic ACT 2 ending
You will have to add the cutting beam to your loadout through the "Customize" Loadout button. Select hangar, then select the Change Loadout Button. Then select the Customize button, and then select the offensive button. The cutting beam can be placed on any (someone correct me if I'm wrong...I'm doing this from memory) medium or heavy hardpoint on your ship.

It is not possible to "target" or "sub-target" the cruiser's power feeds. You either have to try with cannons (taking off aim assist) or use the cutting beam. I've never managed to destroy the power feeds with cannons, and use my cutting beam for this.

Aim for the spot on the cruiser where the power feeds join the ship. If all else fails, Soupdragon keeps an excellent walk-through on this mission under the "missions" tab of the Homepage (were it not for this, I would still be blasting at that damn cruiser today.)