Newbish Question about Geog SDK

More
20 years 4 months ago #8307 by The Real Greb
I've managed to get my system in-game, by hex editing one of the .map files. Its not ideal, but it'll have to do for now.

Trout - I still can't get your mod to work :(

My little project is to recreate some of the core systems from I-war 1, based on the ingame GSV. I've made a start on Proxima Centauri. :D
Is there any reason why I couldn't have the "core systems" cluster alongside the Badlands and Gagarin, without replacing either?

Cheers,
Greb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8309 by GrandpaTrout
Darn. Mail me your cluster, and let me have a look. It has been awhile since I coded that bit, perhaps I have overlooked something important.

Nope, no reason you cannot just add more systems. Link them, if you want the player to travel. Don't link them, if you want your new area seperate.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 4 months ago #8314 by The Real Greb
I can't seem to find your e-mail anywhere, Mine is "greb@techemail.com".

Don't expect anything great from my system, All i've done so far is to place all the bodies and put a few stations up.

Greb

More
20 years 4 months ago #8329 by GrandpaTrout
Email sent. Mine is about 5 posts up, but broken onto different lines in a (hopeless?) attempt to foil the spam bots.

The fact you have a system running at all impresses me. I have to admit, geog.exe is not one of my better software designs. I just wish I had some talent at windows programming (or time to chase it) I would put together something with a GUI. Dust off some ancient trig skills and learn how to place objects in 3D with a mouse.... ack!

-Gtrout

More
20 years 4 months ago #8391 by GrandpaTrout
Just a report on this issue: Greb's maps worked just fine. We had some pog packages doubly included (my fault) and those were blocking the system from starting up correctly. Sigh, funny how you can spend a bunch of time looking for the error in the part you think is hard - but that worked perfectly, and the problem is really hiding in the "easy" stuff.

-Gtrout