.map file relation to EoC geography?

More
20 years 2 months ago #8634 by MajorTom
first: make sure you have the 2 MP mods (MPCargo.zip and CargoHandler_Multimod.zip) in your mods folder together with Multimod.

Connect to the internet first.
Start your single play game and save the current status before you launch to space.
After launching to space (use any ship) call up the UniGui screen interface (default keys are Ctrl.-Alt – U) and select the MpCargo screen:
The screen shows your total SP game inventory alphabetically, from which you can select up to 12 cargo pods to take with you. Selected cargo will be displayed in a list to the right of your inventory list
If you try to take more of one cargo type than you have it will beep. If you try to take more than 12 cargo pods total it will beep.
You can remove cargo from the transport list by clicking on it.
You do not have to select 12 pods to take into a game, (you can take only one if you wish).
After you’ve selected your cargo press the network button. Your transport list will be stored and the multiplayer game GUI will pop up on your screen.

once there select a ship by pushing the options button. Type your player name in the box at the top of the screen and click on the ship you want to pilot.
Note: you have to select a freighter to take cargo into a game (But, the pod capacity of the freighter you select does not have to correlate to the number of pods you selected)

Now use the back button to go back a screen where you have the option to Host or join an internet (or LAN) game.

If you wish to host a game for the trade, press “host Session� . (See below for details on the server settings.)

If you wish to join an existing game press the button “internet game�. The ingame browser will show you who’s online. To join one of those games simply click on it.

If you run a dedicated server (or are on someone elses server) you can leave your pods on the server and then quit the game to go get different ship. When you re-join that game your pods will still be there (unless someone stole them in the meantime)

More details are in the docs in the folder EpicOnlb/readme/english

Have Gun, Will Travel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8637 by The Real Greb
Cool, it'll try that out.

MT - You say the MOD is in the final beta stages, are you interested in incorporating some of the above ideas into the MOD? Is it allright if I e-mail you with some ideas I've been working on?

Greb

More
20 years 2 months ago #8641 by MajorTom
What I'd really like to do, is make the whole set of DOW missions (the whole story)into a coop-multiplayer game instead of a SP game. [8D][}:)][^]

But ....

And, yes I am interested in incorporating the above ideas into Epic Online (time permitting). In fact I've already made some tests and have all the necessary script changes outlined as a basic concept.

Greb, you're more than welcome to send me any ideas you have. Please do.

jeez, talk about hijacking a thread [:I]

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8644 by Tarcoon
Hi Real Greb,

post a time in the multiplayer forum and I'll be pleased to join in if possible.

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 2 months ago #8672 by MajorTom
I just started a new thread down in the multiplay section with a basic concept. All ideas and comments are welcome: www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1449

Originally posted by The Real Greb

if I e-mail you with some ideas I've been working on?

You can throw some ideas in there too if you like.

how's testing going? have you tried out the cargo capture map "Pirate Stash". It offers a good opportunity to get some weapons and stuff for your SP game.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
19 years 6 months ago #11687 by GrandpaTrout
I wanted to revive this thread, which has a section about ideas on setting the game mood and building some short hand cues.

I was rewatching Star Wars on the newly released DVD and observing how the Vader theme was established. Until Vader walks through the door, you don't know what the music is going to signal. It has a few characteristics however, it is 1. It has a military march feel to it and 2. It is very distinctive in the first few notes.

After that, it is up to the action on screen to tell the watcher that this theme means a really evil neck snapping sword wielding unstoppable darkness.

The closest thing in EoC to this is the Timpanni cymbals that cue an arriving hostile ship.

So some ideas that follow that theme are: Voice signals of arriving ships - "Police! Everyone Freeze", or other arrival cues. Station chatter that signals attackers have been spotted (non player) or that the player has been targeted as an attacker (just to make the point clear).

-Gtrout