cannons as disruptors?

More
20 years 3 months ago #17911 by Sivadrake
yeah:D, but anyway i was trying to get it to work and it just doesnt, i thought it would be cool to have a sort of WCesque "leech cannon" that fires really slow for cap ships and such, but i tried just putting this in the .ini for the cannon

; Disrupt ideally for 20 seconds.
disruptor_time=20

; Use full disruption
full_disruption=1

but no luck, is disruption scripted? anyone got any clues?

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8516 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic cannons as disruptors?
You've run into one of the "class" issues. The engine doesn't expect to see any disruptor functions in the ini for a bolt and just ignores the lines you added.

AFAIK, disruption only works with the class icSimTrackingMissile. It might work with the class icRocket (i.e the Gnat rocket), depending on if icRocket is derived from icMissile or vice versa.

If I remember correctly, you can make disruptor seeker mines (probably because icMine is a subclass of icMissile. (or maybe we just made a disruptor missile with a different avatar and called it a mine)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8517 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic cannons as disruptors?
hmm interesting, and thanks majortom(i am still working on maps, they just arent as fun to do as other things, but i have got one up and running, albeit a few probs., and thanks again for the info, its invaluable to me:)) i really hadnt thought about that as a possibilty, seeing as how i really only know what classes are, not what they affect or how they fit into gameplay, but that kinda sucks that you cant have a disrupter cannon, although i thought it was a far fetched idea kinda.

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 3 months ago #8778 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic cannons as disruptors?
Out of curiousity, would it be possible to write a global script that replaces any shots from a particular cannon with a dumb fire disruptor missile whenever they appear? If so, you might be able to jury rig it, make a particular, typical energy cannon and then have a script replace the blasts when they appear with a missile class object.

Mind you, I know nothing of Pogging, so if this is a dumb question I apoligize.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8779 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic cannons as disruptors?
"you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you can get what you need".

You could mod up a disruptor missile with a very fast speed, and almost no turning rate. Which is essentially a pbc bolt behavior. And then give the player a high ammo quantity. And set the disruption time small (so you need to keep shooting). The effect will be an ammo cannon that disrupts. Not ideal, but perhaps close enough.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 3 months ago #8828 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
One would also have to make it have a very (very) short life time, so that it does not end up having extremly long range. Another factor is that it would be loaded into the missile bays. I would personally have it set in the same way as a Dumb Rocket, other wise it will shoot and fire and hit reguardless of the direction you are facing, not a good thing.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310