Mod crashes to desktop

More
20 years 1 month ago #17999 by ravingpartyking
I made a simple mod that reduced the number of weapon mountpoints on the player ships. The problem is that as soon as I get the turret fighters the game crashes to desktop whenever i try to enter the hangar. The tug still has its pylon mountpoints, so it should be able to carry turret fighters right? Any ideas?

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9364 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Mod crashes to desktop
Loadout code is infamous for crashing the program when modding. It's very exacting.

Did you move or modify the pylon mountpoints at all?

If it's crashing when you go to the hanger, maybe the modified tug.ini file is conflicting with the what the loadout expects?

Without knowing what your mod changes, it's difficult to troubleshoot. Did you just remove mountpoints?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 1 month ago #9366 by ravingpartyking
All I did to the tug was remove its medium internal hardpoint (in the ini file, NOT the lws as well). I left the pylon hardpoints exactly as they were. The turret fighters are the same except I removed their twinpack launchers and gave them an extra light pbc instead. Their main gun and dockpoint are the same as before.

Thanks for the weplink code by the way:)

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death

More
20 years 1 month ago #9367 by Second Chance
When you removed the numbered keys for the hardpoint did you remember to renumber the remaining keys in the sequence? A similar problem is; if the powerplant doesn't load due to a sequence error in the key numbering, the program will crash if you try to access the engineering screen. Although the game will load and play fine. Your problem may be related, or at least similar in nature.

This may seem obvious, but sometimes the simplest things are the ones that get overlooked the most.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 1 month ago #9370 by ravingpartyking
Yes I renumbered the keys, that wasn't the problem. I've managed to fix this problem, but I've got a new one now: The mod I'm using uses some of the unleashed code, but the code just doesn't initialise when I run the game. I've tried running the original unleashed, witht the same problem. Any idea what could be causing this?

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death

More
20 years 1 month ago #9400 by ravingpartyking
Let me add to that: I've found that NO mods that use scripts activate properly. Location finder kind of works, but the buttons are all filled with logic statements (if_click_then.... etc) instead of proper text. i've tried reinstalling, re-downloading mods but they just won't work! I have mulimod running so everything SHOULD work. Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on here? I'd greatly appreciate any help

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death