Mod crashes to desktop

More
20 years 1 month ago #9401 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Mod crashes to desktop
You've provided very little information. It's hard to even make a wild guess whats wrong.

Did you try to do a complete re-installation of the original game and patch it to F14.6.

Are you using the zz_UniGui mod? Lots of scripted mods require it to initiate.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9406 by ravingpartyking
Yes, I reinstalled the original game and patched it to F14.6
I've got multimod and UniGui active, the only mods I want to run are: location finder (multimod version) and unleashed (latest version). The sims, subsims and avatars from unleashed all work properly when the mod is activated, but the scripts don't run, and the html text (that is normally displayed when a mod is activated in the extras menu) does not appear. All other aspects of the game work fine.

The location finder mod works, except all the text seems to be in logic (if_hoffers_wake instead of Hoffer's Wake for example), and again the html file is not displayed in the extras menu when the mod is activated.

I tried re-downloading multimod and unigui and the mods in case one of them had got corrupted, but it made no difference.

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple but I can't figure out what

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death

More
20 years 1 month ago #9407 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Mod crashes to desktop
When you look at the buttons do you see the names have a star before and behind? like this "*gui_press_button*"

The stars normally mean the translation code cannot find the name. Try moving all the text files out of unleashed. Perhaps it is overwriting most of the text files. Are you running english, or another version of the game.

Screenshots would be very helpful.

-Gtrout