Crediting points for Shanes Bomb

More
19 years 11 months ago #10232 by Second Chance
Oh that is awsome! I love it! [^]

But I think you should go back to green text for the Rebels, it was happier. The red text is more appropriate for the Empire. You can leave the red logo (it's accurate), just change the text color. Of course, green might make it look like X-Mas (but that could be a good thing), so maybe try the same yellowish color as the score table. Do you have a color wheel? Try maybe a complimentary color to the red for the text. That X-Wing pic is awsome!

Blue for the Empire makes them look like the good guys. Contrary to what you may see in games and such, in the films the Imperial insignia is most often rendered in silver for the Imperial Navy and red for the ground forces. So your best bet would be a very light shade of grey. Don't lose the Emperor though, that's a great pic. )Is it just a coincidence that the blue in the Emperor's background is almost the same as the text and insignia, or did you sample the background to get the color? Just curious. Because it looks very well matched.)

Great job, MajorTom! [^]

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10234 by MajorTom
Lol, it took me 2 hrs. to make the rebel logo.
1 hr. 50 mins. were for cutting out that X-Wing.:p

Ok, I'll try green text for the Rebs. Xmas is getting closer now anyhow.

Yes, I did sample the color for the text and the color of the Imp Logo.

ManoMan!, You always have something to complain about :D
Tarcoon sent me the Imp icon in black and white. It took me an hour to color it blue and now you want it silver, sheesh! ;)
Oh well, I guess it'll be possible to use that "magic thingamadoo" now ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #10244 by Second Chance

ManoMan!, You always have something to complain about :D

Lol! It's what I do best, I'm upper management [}:)].

Those hours were not in vain, the score screens look fantastic! Kudos.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 11 months ago #10329 by MajorTom
ok, How about these two in comparison to the above?

Can we leave that green in there (imo it doesn't look too bad at all)

I couldn't find a good silver color, so I used that.

Since I don't have the slightest how to do shiney colors, so this'll have to do.

(unless someone wants to volunteer)

More
19 years 11 months ago #10337 by Second Chance
[:0] Those...are...gorgeous, period. As far as I'm concerned, the screen design phase is over. I love them!

But, just so I don't make your head too big; could you use a lighter shade of blue and red for the actual names and scores? Those colors look like pure hues, and against the dark screen the overall effect is a little dark. You could even try using the team colors (green and silver?).

More
19 years 11 months ago #10353 by MajorTom
I dunno, if the colors should be team colors ? Ccurrently it uses the games conventions:

Blue = friendly (i.e same faction)
Red = enemy (opposite faction)

The colors are set depending on if the others are your faction or not. We could change that to faction specific colors though easily enough. Do you think it will be confusing if we don't stick with the normal red/blue conventions?

Anyhow, the colors we're using are:

//set item's colours to blue
GUI.SetWindowStateColours(entry,
0.0, 0.0, 1.0,
0.0, 0.0, 1.0,
0.0, 0.0, 1.0);

// set item's colours to red
GUI.SetWindowStateColours(entry,
1.0, 0.0, 0.0,
1.0, 0.0, 0.0,
1.0, 0.0, 0.0);

Not being a graphics type I can't really figure out how to convert the color format above to the normal standard. (besides those two colors I just know how to do green and white).

Just tell me the colors you want in the above format and you can have em.