Anti-Cheat functionality

More
19 years 9 months ago #11376 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Anti-Cheat functionality

Originally posted by MajorTom

Where would you put the call to check all ships/ini files, before the server is actually started? I also meant the exact location (between which lines) to put the call.

For the server (iNetworkGUI):
Code:
OnHostSession() { if ( !iMultiplay.IsServerAppSpawned() ) { *CALLING THE ANTI CHEAT FUNCTION FOR THE OTHER SHIPS HERE, there also an [i]iGUI.OverlayCustomScreen( "???.CheatTestStandbyScreen" )[/i] should be called on beginning and on end [i]GUI.RemoveLastOverlay();[/i]* //after testing and returning the testresult as Global, overlay the cheat test result screen: switch ( Globat.Int(testresult) ) { case 0: //cheater iGUI.OverlayCustomScreen( "???.CheatTestResultScreen" ); //This screen function should contain several PopScreen functions on its end to remove all screens before break; case 1: //all clear Task.Detach( start NoCheater() ); break; } } // OnHostSession task NoCheater() { iGUI.OverlayCustomScreen( "???.CheatTestResultScreen" ); //All clear Task.Sleep( Task.Current(), 2 ); GUI.OverlayScreen("icMultiplayServerScreen"); }

For the Ship Selection it should be the same, just it is called in the OnShipSelection function and the Anti Cheat Function should be different (using the string ini_name for the ship).

At the moment, at least for the beta, I favor the hardcoded version: [...] also prevent some possibly 'inexplicable' rejections.

Okay, I do agree on that. Just for the intern ship balancing tests the Anti-Cheat-Function should by stay disabled.

Btw, after a short respite your thought of the combination sounds good. So if he cheats his own ship he already knows by selecting the ship that he won't be successful with cheating and not just by starting the server.

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11389 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Anti-Cheat functionality
Thanks Roi :D

I'll try and get it all together on the weekend.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.