REM Probes

More
19 years 11 months ago #18128 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
I would like to make REM probes useful.

What i want to happen is for an REM probe to be a tiny unit that has no alignment, and is remote controlable. This unit would then 'dock onto a target ship.

When REM was deactivated (as in the player stoped REMing to it) the ship/probe/tinything would remain there...docked. And would then proceed create a nav point no top of itself (like the Fuel tankers in one of the later missions. You have to protect the fuel tankers from mauaruders until they can get to the 3 stations).

Hopefully it would make some kind of message on the HUD , like 'incomming ULwave-linear-displacement-transmission'.

Is this doable? it would make the REM probe something worth the time and effort of buying them and then them taking up a full slot.

I want this weapon to fully replace the weapon in IW2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10498 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic REM Probes
Sounds like a REM fighter. To make the REM missile visible requires POG scripting.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 11 months ago #10500 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic REM Probes
To do this the REM probe should be changed to a REM fighter and added a dockport (which I can do easily), but I think that the nav point needs sone pogging (whitch I don´t know how do to, unfortunatelly).

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10506 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic REM Probes
Not nessesarily.....you could make the 'REM Probe' into an REM probe ...er...'fighter bay' with only one 'shot'...

This would release a fighter...which has the hull of a probe and would follow the player. The player then selects it and REM's to it.

Now if someone could do some POG scripting, this drone would have a Nav Point ontop of it from the moment it spawns, and when it docks to something, the player could follow...even after the REM link has deactivated.

The only thing i can see a problem with is the nav point and someone making the new fighter.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 11 months ago #10516 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic REM Probes
That´s exactly how I thought of it.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10518 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic REM Probes
ahh, i thought you ment to replace the Actual REM fighter and rename it a probe. I want to keep the REM fighter, infact i want to create a new one, one that actually acts and feels like a *real* REM fighter.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310