REM Probes

More
19 years 10 months ago #10952 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic REM Probes
Can someone do the scripting and tweaking nesseary for this mod? I would be *so* very grateful.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10986 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic REM Probes
I would have time to code something simple. I could write a little program that watches the space around the player. If a ship shows up that has the correct template type, then I will attach a waypoint to it that will always be visible. I will also make the ship and waypoint not cullable.

How you create the ship (launched from fighter bay, carried from loadout) is up to you - the script won't care where it comes from.

The ship template files will be specified in an INI file. And so will the name I use for the attached waypoint. So you can use it however you like.

If this solution is acceptable, then it should be fast to code. I should be able to get it working this weekend. If not, then it would still make a good base for your own coding effort.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 10 months ago #10991 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic REM Probes
Oh there will be no 'coding effort' from me sadly, i have tried my hand at coding and lets just say 3 dead computers later I chose to leave it to more skilled people such as yourself.

My mod at the moment is basically the 'elite' mod, but with the contents re-done. I have tweaked just about every system and ship in the whole game, purely though text files. Anything other than that (such as .lws files for the navy destroyer, or this rem probe thing that might be happening) are kind donations for other people.

For the REM probe I was going to replace the missile with a ship called ' REM probe ', that would have all the charaistics of a fighter, but would use the REM probe Avatar. The player would launch it, then REM to it, or just leave it their following the player around. It would have infinte life time affectivly (although if a 5 minute life time could be arranged that would be fantastic).
I intend the REM probe to be capable of docking to another ship, and to be able to 'slow down' instead of just going forward faster and faster.

Btw, is there anything you would personally like to see in the AiSoB mod? Since you are after all helping to create it.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310