Text files

More
19 years 10 months ago #18169 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Is there accurate documentation about the translation of all of the details within the .ini files for resources? e.g., what does 'minimum efficiency= 0.5' mean?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10879 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Text files
Are you familiar with the "Sim and SubsimCreation.rtf document in the Graphics SDK?

It describes all the details on the different properties in the .ini files.

Yes I know Graphics SDK is a wierd place for that, but it is in there.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10882 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Text files
Well, it describes some of them. That was one of the reasons for me beginning my ultimate guide (which is temporarily on hold during the SW MP mod). I've done an enourmous amount of research on INI files so, if you have any specific questions ask, and I'll try to answer them.

With regard to minimum efficency; the number used indicates the percentage of total subsim hit points left before the subsim ceases to function, but is not destroyed. So, for instance; a number of 0.5 means that the subsim can take half of its hit points in damage before it stops working and is considered damaged. I believe that it will still be repairable as long as it doesn't reach 0 hit points.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10896 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic Text files
Oh right. Well second chance, could you be a chap and perhaps email me the entire lot of your ini-file knowladge and know-how? I have worked out pretty much everything myself, but things that are not self-explanitory I am not totally sure about, such as 'disable_attenuation =1' that is seen on for example, harrower missile weapon sims.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10897 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Text files
Hmm, not really. The info is somewhat scattered throughout my research documents, with much of it in the form of emails from Steve Robertson. So it's not really in a form I could send to you.

For the disable attenuation entry on missile INIs: When a missile explodes, it does X damage within its blast radius. Normally, the damage amount attenuates (lessens) over the blast radius range until it reaches zero at the outermost edge of the range. Setting disable_attenuation =1 will cause the damage to be at its maximum all the way out to the blast radius outer edge. Effectively disabling attenuation of damage.

In other words; the damage caused at the outer edge of the blast radius will be the same as the damage caused near the center of the blast radius. Get it?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10917 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic Text files
Indeed I do, how is your manual comming along then second chance? I would be very appricaitve of its progress given that i am now currently having a month or so where i can actually get cracking on my mod.

By the way, do you know how to make prefitted ships for Instant Action contain cpu programes. I have made it so that the player ships are not nessarily the same as the ones one might find in the Single player than in the Instant action. I want Instant action to affectivly show the player the fighting from the other side, by giving him ships identical to the ones he will later on fight in the single player.

The 'storm petrel' is staying the same, however it is being given the exact same weapons as the AI, inculding a 'never runs out of charge' quad light. I shall make an edit in the manual describing how newere versions use their high surfaces area to have very effiecnent heat venting, allowing weapons such as quadlights to safly maintain a higher energy feed, allowing for continous power streams.

The 'tug' is going to be a little puffin tug or perhaps a non-player tug with appropraite weapons.

The 'advanced patcom' is going to be a police patcom

and the 'heavy corvette' is going to be an old-style Iwar 1 heavy corvette (why not ey?)

However, one thing i have found out is that the weapon firing for twin-linked weapons is not syncronised like AI shooting is, it goes left-right-left-right instead of *BOTH*. I was wondering if there was some relativly simple way to achive this.