Sad news for planet modders.

More
19 years 9 months ago #18196 by Second Chance
While working on one of the star systems for SpaceMaster it occured to me that since the planets are nothing more than Lightwave models that maybe, just maybe, I could not only stop the planets from rotating at that population flinging speed, but also replace the models with ones that use a luminosity map for city lights on the night side. Sadly however, I quickly realized that the planet models are nothing more than blank sphere meshes with no texturing and no setup scene for animation. The meshes are textured and animated directly within flux.

This does not, however, preclude the possibility of creating a new planet generating Pog script to place custom made planets in the game. But this requires not only the writing of the new script, but the making of the custom planets as well. And since a new model for each planet would now have to be defined in Lightwave, that's a lot of work (unless someone knows texture commands for Pog, but I doubt it).

Sorry for the bad news. [xx(]

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.