MODs I should get?

More
18 years 10 months ago #18460 by krisvek
MODs I should get? was created by krisvek
Ok, I finally got IWAR2:EoC working on my computer (woo!), so now I want to know what is out there for me.

I've looked through the boards some, and I've seen some awesome screenshots...could eveybody help compile a list of what is available and what I should be after?

Immediately in my mind is something to help 'darken up' the universe in the game...it's sooo freakin bright and colorful, it's like a neon wonderland, with all those crayon nebulas everywhere. Basically, I want there to be atleast SOME void of blackness (or have I not progressed far enough in the game? i haven't had IWAR2 working for long...i had been satisfying myself with IWAR1 until now). Also, the stars and planets in some pics have looked amazing.

Middlestates is the one I've seen most about, and it sounds cool. Is it available for play yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13109 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic MODs I should get?
Middlestates is probably the only mod that will 'darken up' the universe, but fortunately, it does a terrific job of doing it. The unfortunate part is that it is not yet available. I believe GrandpaTrout is trying to have it done by the end of the month, but don't quote me on that. I could be wrong.

In the meantime, you could try playing the GoldRush mod. It won't do any of the darkening you're looking for, but it's still fun to be an asteroid miner. It's available from the downloads section of this website.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13278 by trev
Replied by trev on topic MODs I should get?
Im in the same boat as krisvek

loved the game, looking for more! (sad to finish it)
, i read there was a star wars mod to play while middle-states is being developed?