asking for mods

More
18 years 8 months ago #18520 by Oren
asking for mods was created by Oren
i assume the middlestates hasn't come out yet, so i want to know what kind of modes are there? i mean what do those modes do to the game- new ships weapons and some things like it?

my problem is that i dont have enough basis knowledge in modding, so can someone copy some scrpits for me and tell me where to put them?

oh and a last small question. do the modes regarding to weapons, planets and stuff activate themselves in the campeign mode or as a seprate game scenario?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13510 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic asking for mods
ooook, forget helping me with the written scripts. i see you're not for the idea, so if you don't mind just help me with the last question, that's all i'm asking

More
18 years 8 months ago #13511 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic asking for mods
A script is a bit much to begin modding. Start small... ini file edits are the easiest for new modders.

This discussion will help: i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1308

More
18 years 8 months ago #13515 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic asking for mods
Shane's right, Oren. Scripting is a bit much to tackle right away unless you're already a programmer. There are many, simpler ways to begin modding and using mods.

Did you read the file I linked to in your other post? Was it not helpful? Too difficult or advanced? Just plain awful? I know it only has the barest of information right now, but it should have given you a start. If there's some way I can improve it, please let me know.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 8 months ago #13517 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic asking for mods
No that's not what i mean. the file you posted didn't open well, all i saw in the file was russian letters and numbers, probably a wrong program to open that file. i tried the notepad ,word and html programs to open the file without luck.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13519 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic asking for mods
Oh, I see. It's a PDF file (in English), you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open it. PDF files are fairly common, so having Acrobat is a good idea. You can get it free from Adobe.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4