torbit and spewerops mods

More
18 years 1 month ago #18766 by Oren
hi everybody, i need some help in making those mods work. i followed the directions in the readme files but it causes the game to crash when loading a game. any little guidness will help.

and by the way, how does the ambient lights mods affect the game?
i couldnt see any difference...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15011 by mdvalley
Replied by mdvalley on topic torbit and spewerops mods
It sounds like you’re trying to use them in the stock EoC game. Both mods depend on packages only found in Torn Stars.

The ambient lights mod is much the same. It doesn’t crash, but it won’t have any effect outside of Torn Stars.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15012 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic torbit and spewerops mods
no i played the middle states game, not eoc
but when i load a game it crashes because of the changes i made in the scripts, according the instructions in the readme file of the mods packges

More
18 years 1 month ago #15014 by mdvalley
Replied by mdvalley on topic torbit and spewerops mods
So changing scripts.ini makes it crash? Then it has to be tOrbit causing the problem. Just to make sure, in scripts.ini, the [System] section should look like this:
Code:
[System] ; Run these scripts atomically when the player enters a new system enter[]=tOrbit.PlaceSystem enter[]=iStartSystem.StartupSystem enter[]=iTrafficCreation.DisableTrafficReport enter[]=iRangeCheck.DisableRangeReport enter[]=iStation.DisableStationReactiveReport enter[]=tEpicMain.SystemEnter enter[]=tMultimod.SystemEnter ; Run these scripts atomically when the player leaves a new system exit[]=iStartSystem.ShutdownSystem exit[]=tEpicMain.SystemExit exit[]=tMultimod.SystemExit

tOrbit.PlaceSystem needs to be at the top of that list. There are enter[] entries in other sections that might get confusing (Blame PS :)). It needs to go under [System]

More
18 years 1 month ago #15015 by Oren
ok i'll try again. i understand i should put the "enter[]=tOrbit.PlaceSystem" at the top.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15027 by Oren
thanks i got it right this time. does it supose to work now?