Code Release

More
21 years 2 months ago #5041 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Code Release
wow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 2 months ago #5051 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Code Release

Originally posted by Mehrunes

wow

My code is finally making some progress. Wait till the story, background scenery, and rebalance stuff make it out of hiding. Very cool stuff on the way.

-Gtrout

More
21 years 1 month ago #5088 by Mehrunes
*starts secret project Omega Blue Zero Niner to integrate EricMans loadout code into this to allow people to purchase ships Elite style*

More
21 years 1 month ago #5090 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Code Release
Noooooo!!!! (he wails from the depths of despair)

People can purchase ships! (they are just not visible yet) And Flamineo is already coding loadout! Please pick something else to code! Please, Please!

How about traffic scripts? Nice pretty traffic scripts that will dock pods to stations?

While you are here, tell us about Star Shatter. Does it have a full script language? Weren't you doing a beta? How did the Freespace Mod turn out?

-Gtrout

More
21 years 1 month ago #5092 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Code Release

How about traffic scripts? Nice pretty traffic scripts that will dock pods to stations?

I could use some nice, pretty traffic scripts myself. My system look a little bit... empty.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5105 by Mehrunes
Oh dear, did I say that out loud? How is ship purchasing going to be handled? Are you planning to add inventories to stations for dynamic pricing and traffic?

Starshatter doesn't have a scripting language, it's kind of like Jane's Fleet Command in space with dynamically generated missions. I'm still working on converting Freespace ships, and tweaking things to make them fly sensibly under Newtonian physics. :)