Co-op Multiplay

More
19 years 8 months ago #18215 by poob
Co-op Multiplay was created by poob
I'm trying to set up a co-op game on my home LAN for myself and my sons (ages 8 and 9). Since the boys are new to EOC I was hoping to break them in by playing a team game with us against 'bots. I'm wondering if there is an easy method to set up a team game that is humans against bots; when I've tried so far the human players are automatically assigned to team alpha or team beta, and there is usually only one 'bot despite my entering 3 or 4 via the advanced screen in host setup.

Thanks,
Poob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11451 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Co-op Multiplay
Unfortunatly, until the Star Wars mod is released you won't be able to select your team directly.
There is a way to fudge it for now but it is a bit complicated, and may not always work:

Some notes on the original game:
The no. of Bots you set is always the total number of bots, not the number per team. You should set an even number. (If you want 3 bots against you, you'll have to set the game for 6 )
Bot replacement means bots are replaced by new players as they join the game.
The game always alternates between teams as players join but you can switch teams after you have joined. (press esc and then switch teams).

Try this: Set for 6 bots and turn bot replacement on.
Have your boys join the game one at a time and then switch teams right after they join. Theoretically, one of the remaining bots will switch teams (to the opposing team) as your son switches.

If that doesn't work you can try the same without bot replacement turned on.

If that still doesn't work, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait several weeks for the Star Wars mod. It has a bunch of coop games.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 8 months ago #11456 by poob
Replied by poob on topic Co-op Multiplay
MajorTom,
Thanks! Your method worked perfectly with just me and my oldest; My other boy wasn't able to play when we tried it, so we'll get 3-player checked out later.

Thanks again,
Poob