Gonna buy IWar2... but MAJOR control problems!!

More
21 years 11 months ago #1657 by Gluegun
What's this program to get the inside-the-cockpit mouselook working? Cause, if I don't KNOW for a fact that I can get that, I wont be buying this game...

Yes, I did get familiar with using the keyboard...

Anyway, i'm left handed, and im not really comfortable using either hand for a joystick, but I am perfectly at home with keyboard/mouselook combo...

Which is why I NEED to get this sucker working, lol!

Where exactly is this file and what does it do?

I swear, if I'm not able to get the keymappings to work like I did with Descent III, I'm not buying this.. the fact that I have to get the controls that I am best with makes fun games like Descent II unplayable... I mean, upgrading from keyboard to mouse made me, like, 20x better at the old Wing Commanders...

..And with the difficulty of control with IWar2, I need all the help I can get, lol!!

"Eep!"

Edited by - Gluegun on 05 May 2002 21:51:25

"Eep!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1659 by Gluegun
Also.. how many ships do you have available to you in this game? Do you always stay with that big tug thingy? What sort of basic upgrades does your ship get? I have always tried to figure out this stuff from reading the FAQ's, the strategy guides, but none of that ever worked...

I'm thinking that getting rid of half of those mostly useless guns on your ship, and getting something a LITTLE more streamlined (but still corvette class) would be nice... does this happen? what happens as far as using different ships goes??

And what do you have that remotely does the job of an afterburner? I heard about some kind of emergency speed thingy..??

"Eep!"

Edited by - Gluegun on 05 May 2002 21:55:03

Edited by - Gluegun on 05 May 2002 21:58:59

"Eep!"

More
21 years 11 months ago #1660 by Zathras
There are five playable ships in the game by the end (remember to get free form mod, from the download section, before you do the last mission) so you can continue to play after the single player game.

You are stuck with the Tug till the middle of Act 2 (the middle of the game) but it will be completely upgraded by then.

Thrust override (W normally) would do the job of an "afterburner" if you use the throttle normally to control speed, but I use thrust overrides all the time.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of Space Pirates, for they are subtle and quick to fire their PBC's!

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of Space Pirates, for they are subtle and quick to fire their PBC's!

More
21 years 11 months ago #1661 by StoneDeadViking
There are 4 different ships that you get to fly in the game, and there is a function called thruster override, normally located at the w, s, a and d buttons: W=forwards, S=backwards, A=left and D=right.

The so called basic upgrades are very much a big part of the game, you get to buy better equipment the further you get in the game.

"Overreacting conveys
understanding, hmm sounds better in danish.
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.:D

Edited by - StoneDeadViking on 05 May 2002 22:05:48

"Overreacting conveys
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.[:D]

More
21 years 11 months ago #1662 by Gluegun
So, uh, could someone explain the concept of throttle vs. thrust override?

I don't QUITE get it...

There are a few systems of thrust that I am familiar with.... the + and - keys to just set your speed, with the TAB as afterburner.... (wing commander)

or, have your speed basically be constantly set to 0, unless you press the w, s, d, or a buttons, at which case you start moving in that direction, with the tab as a special burst of speed (descent III)??

Is this a combination of the two? If so, how does it work?

"Eep!"

"Eep!"

More
21 years 11 months ago #1663 by StoneDeadViking
Right, the fifth ship you get with a mod, forgot about that.

"Overreacting conveys
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.:D

"Overreacting conveys
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.[:D]