I-War II keyboard doesn't work, mouse freezes

More
7 years 9 months ago #20271 by EdiWete
Hi!
I have a problem when I start I-War II my keyboard doesn't work. Also at first my mouse works fine but as soon as I press a key on my keyboard my mouse freezes.
I am running the Game on Win 7.
Hope you can help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #20272 by Chessking
Hello!

Do you currently have the joystick configuration or the keyboard configuration activated? You can check at options-->controls-->change control style, or something like that. There will be a "Default" and "Keyboard_only" options. Default is the joystick option.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20273 by EdiWete
Hi Chessking,

I have the default layout enabled. And I want to play with a joystick. The problem is that the game doesn't register any keyboard input.

Wait! Maybe I play on a notebook with a second keyboard. The game had also a problem when I had a gamepad and a joystick connected. Maybe that is what gives the game hiccups.

Let me try this real quick.

-Edit-

No same problem. -.-

Well I managed to run it on my old desktop PC without this problem.
Still mysterious.

More
7 years 9 months ago #20274 by Chessking
Well, I have one more suggestion. On your notebook, make sure you are running the game in compatibility mode for xp or vista. It may be working on your desktop because it is the game's native operating system.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 9 months ago #20275 by EdiWete
FOUND IT!

I had Synergy running, a program that lets me share the mouse and keyboard of my laptop with other Computers in my network. (It basically makes it, so that you can change between Computers like you would change between monitors)
And that seems to intercept my keyboard commands and stops them from registering in the game.

Thanks for the help!

More
7 years 9 months ago #20276 by Chessking
Good!

No problem.

Have fun!

Storm Petrel