trader or a merc

More
18 years 6 months ago #18578 by Oren
trader or a merc was created by Oren
hi, i kinda have a problem with finding the right station for the cargo i'm carrying. even if i use my common sence like fit rare metals pods to a rare metals processing station it usually doesn't come up well, so i find myself running between systems wasting time and money. i want to ask you how can i change my work and become a mercenary because i want to get better ships and more weapons.

how is school?? i'm on holyday[8D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13841 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic trader or a merc
Mercenaries are not supported in this release. You can be a pirate! It pays to spend some time exploring trade routes in your tug. Don't bring your freighter along - that just burns up more fuel and money. Get a notebook, write down the connecting station types (this is the part I find fun, but some other people hate notebooks. I guess I am an old gamer).

More
18 years 6 months ago #13843 by iod
Replied by iod on topic trader or a merc

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout
Get a notebook, write down the connecting station types (this is the part I find fun, but some other people hate notebooks. I guess I am an old gamer).

well, for me, the best thing would be to have an integrated notebook in the game :)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13844 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic trader or a merc
I agree. Maybe someone will add a feature that allows a note to be attached to the "Favorites" selection in the Navigation Comp. It would be a nice feature.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13847 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic trader or a merc
yes i thought of that idea to write down every wanted stuff for every station, i did somthing similar in i-war2 but that was for weapons and software. its a big job writing all that but it beats jumping back and forward in the cluster. i would like to give you a small tip regarding your little idea put the notebook in the game. maybe it is possable to show the wanted cargo list to every station when you highlight it with the mouse right from the navigation menu like grandpa said here, it will save time going all the way to each station and it doesn't require creating a new menu witch is a lot of work.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13848 by TLAM Strike
Replied by TLAM Strike on topic trader or a merc

Originally posted by Oren

...maybe it is possable to show the wanted cargo list to every station when you highlight it with the mouse right from the navigation menu like grandpa said here, it will save time going all the way to each station and it doesn't require creating a new menu witch is a lot of work.

Having that would be good but only after you have visited that station would you get a list, or after you visited the system HQ or FTL/STL comm. array where they might keep a list of such data or easily query the local stations. By going to the System HQ or Comm. Array you would get all the data for each station in the system, but maybe for a small fee.

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity