trader or a merc

More
18 years 6 months ago #13849 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic trader or a merc
I find I tend to enjoy the games that make you pull out a pad of paper. Somewhere in my file cabinet I still have the dungeon maps (drawn in over-obsessive painstaking detail) from Ulitma IV, Quest of the Avatar (played in 1986 on a Commodore 64). :D

Personally, I'm building a spreadsheet which lists the items and prices stations buy/sell. When I make a new trade I just minimize the program and enter the information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13850 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic trader or a merc
i prefer to write stuff on paper over spreadsheets, makes a better use to my history notebook..
(i have 96 in history!!)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13851 by Oren
oh by the way, does the station needs list stay the same? i mean the list doesnt get new cargo or erase cargo from the list randomly

More
18 years 6 months ago #13852 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic trader or a merc
Shane! I did the same thing with Ultima IV, Quest of the Avatar! I had a whole binder with the comments each person made, info on each mantra, shrine, stone, dungeon, and city. It was at least 20 pages long. ahhhh the memories..I miss those old school game notebooks.

And TLAM Strike, that is a good idea about buying data for a system for a small fee. Kindof interesting. Gives the System HQ another feature over other stations, and a reason to visit it. Perhaps paying a fee to a corporate headquarters could give you details of all the products they buy and sell at all their factories. For a price.

But having the list of prices appear at a mere mouseover, without doing any exploring or discovering, kindof takes away from the fun. We need to get out there and do it!

More
18 years 6 months ago #13853 by Oren
hi cambragol, did you see the basketball game between maccabi tel aviv and toronto? (hm hm we won!)
anyway i agree with your idea for hq stations, it does sounds better than the mouseover idea. just if wanted my opinion :-)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13854 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic trader or a merc

Shane! I did the same thing with Ultima IV, Quest of the Avatar! I had a whole binder with the comments each person made, info on each mantra, shrine, stone, dungeon, and city. It was at least 20 pages long. ahhhh the memories..I miss those old school game notebooks.

Ah... I get the feeling I'm speaking with a fellow Avatar. :D:D