Ship names needed

More
18 years 1 month ago #14988 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Ship names needed
"Ditch Delve and the Render Shuffle" is strangely interesting. It sounds like the title of a children's book... and a good one at that. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14990 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Ship names needed
'Doped Miner' -- the mining rig you DON'T want to hire. Unless he means he's doped up on steroids and works fast..still...steer clear of that guy just to be sure

More
18 years 1 month ago #14993 by PantsOnFire
Replied by PantsOnFire on topic Ship names needed
Should I assume that we've all read I.M. Banks, inventor of the amusing/clever ship name concept (to my knowledge)?

More
18 years 1 month ago #14994 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Ship names needed

Should I assume that we've all read I.M. Banks, inventor of the amusing/clever ship name concept

Afraid not. I googled the name and ended up with a lengthy list of financial institutions worldwide. Sci-Fi writer?

More
18 years 1 month ago #14997 by PantsOnFire
Replied by PantsOnFire on topic Ship names needed
SF writer indeed: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_M_Banks . I'm a big fan. And his ship names do tend to be unique: www.futurehi.net/phlebas/text/ships.html

More
18 years 1 month ago #14999 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Ship names needed
Ian Banks has the BEST ship names ever. They are almost distracting they're so clever. I wish there was a way we could stick a GSV into the game (well, the AMP or a biobomber might be candidates). Read 'Excession' or 'Consider Phlebas'. Don't pause or hesitate, just go and read them right now. Consider it required reading. You'll thank me later.