Station approach crash?

More
18 years 1 month ago #18755 by GrandpaTrout
The team as been looking for this crash for 6 months now. We finally found a repeatable example. But we cannot isolate cause.

I wonder if anyone who saw this earlier remembers if the player ship was carrying a cargo pod? Yes? No?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14946 by wolfie
Replied by wolfie on topic Station approach crash?
Happen to me a lots of time. and most of the time I am not carry any cargo.

It happen when I auto pilot from 1 station to another. I think the game crash because the auto pilot does not try to avoid an object while I was trying to get from 1 station to another.

I think is because the game crash so much while I am in auto pilot that I no longer using auto pilot from 1 station to another.

I had try this more then 1. THe game crash when I am trying to get to Station (a) to station (b) using Auto pilot, but I have no problem when I try to go from Station (a) to station without using auto pilot.
I nerver really took note of this since I thought it had something to do with my comp rather then the game itself.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14949 by stars_editor
I do not know if this is the same problem. But I noticed that it would crash if I happened to be in auto pilot in external view having used the (F3) key, while rotating the ship so as to observe the various scenery, planets...etc. I crashed a number of times. But if I made the same journey in internal view (F1) I would never have a crash.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14950 by GrandpaTrout
Ok, second question: Are you guys close to planets when this happens (is your autopilot printing "avoiding planet x" in the lower left? Or are you just crossing long flat spaces?

More
18 years 1 month ago #14951 by wolfie
Replied by wolfie on topic Station approach crash?
That what I am thinking. my auto pilot does not avoiding the planet while it tryying to get me from 1 place to another. I never have avoiding planet on my screen.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14952 by GrandpaTrout
The case we have gotten to repeate most often is when the player is carrying a mining rig from a station on one side of a planet, around to a station on the other side. It seems especially common when the player has multiple wingmen. But now I realize that could just be because there would be many copies of the AI autopilot running the same course.

So does anyone see this crash when far from a planet? Say far from a planet and approaching an lpoint?