Station approach crash?

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15101 by Shiva Archon
I got this crash quite a bit in the early game when I carried my own pods for a little extra profit. I only had the one SnRV as a wingman. Now that I've got big freighters I don't bother carrying a pod on my Tug and haven't had the crash. Even when I carried pods I never had trouble at Lpoints. Lately though I've been manually LDSing to stations just in case.

Not saying for sure it was the pod I was carrying that caused the crash because I wasn't really logging it (mostly just yelling at the stupid computer and grudgingly reloading).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15108 by Shiva Archon
Just encountered the loader.exe bug now. I was at the Emerald system defense dock and had just purchased a new patcom (didn't save, of course). Neither me or my two freighters (Venice class and a 10 pod one) were carrying any pods at all. I locked in a waypoint to the Emerald Manufacturing Plant and hit autopilot. It was a straight shot leaving the station but I'm not sure if there was another planet in the way near the manufacturing plant. As soon as I left the LDSi field around the defense dock, I got the CTD with a fatal exception in loader.exe.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15109 by GrandpaTrout
How long do you need to play to see the crash?

Here is our current theory on the bug: The stations are too close to the planets. We moved them about twice as far away in USpace and the crash has gone away. I have setup tests where the whole player fleet wanders around the system for 8 hours at a time and not seen the crash. I hope the beta test will prove it is gone.

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15111 by Shiva Archon
Sorry I dont remember how long I was playing. I wasn't able to repeat the crash after re-doing it, so I dont know.