From a new, and very impressed, member

More
17 years 3 months ago #15856 by GrandpaTrout
Welcome and thanks!

Not sure about when a download will be ready. I expect an version that could be alpha tested will be done this weekend. But if you have not played Torn Stars (and so don't know the wingman commands, or how to hire wingmen, etc) then you will be lost because the Alpha does not have a proper player start, with tutorial. Instead it has a bunch of test setups that testers can use to try complex features quickly. So basically, if you just want the game to play, I don't think we will make the Jan date, but if you want to help test, something should be ready soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15857 by Exanimous
Oh, I have played, and know the wingman commands and how to make a living in the middle states. I've read the histories (who wrote them by the way? they are amazing!) and so I know the basic politics and wars of the middle states. I should have been more clear; A playable beta test is exactly perfect, since I already am accustomed to torn stars, this beta will only enhance the experience. I'm glad to hear it should be done this weekend. Thanks for the information! I'll keep reading and eventually playing.

By the way, is the very far aim of this mod to integrate a multiplayer experience into torn stars? Or has that idea been discarded?

More
17 years 3 months ago #15995 by cambragol
Developers Beta is available now, so go ahead and jump in!

The histories were all written by Duncan Day. He is around these forums as Hot4Darmat

As for the multiplayer questions, the answer is no. I we have no aim to make it multiplayer. I doubt it would even be possible. Without the source I suppose.