A new Coder in the making...

More
16 years 7 months ago #19027 by Lionheart
I'm going to learn pog.
I have enough spare time, actually.

There's a holiday coming up soon; the potato-holiday, as it's called in my country.
This I will spend learning pog.

What I need, though, is an update on how the torn stars has affected the pog-scripting, etc.

Any documents anyone could send me?

You live and you learn; some just choose not to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16638 by burja2
Replied by burja2 on topic A new Coder in the making...
Hi LionHeart,

Welcome to the MotherShip. Good to see you on board :-)

The EPIC Core Team of developers is currently making an in-depth review of existing code and design documents in order to plan a release of Unstable Space. A definitive time schedule is still not established yet for this release. Everybody hopes that will be soon in 2007 but it will depends of multiple factors like conclusions of the code review activity and infrastructure setup amongst other things.

We are also making an architecture redesign activity to be able to set priorities amongst the wealth of functionalities and features coded so far by GT and al.
there is plenty of documents available through this forum and the TornStars website to start your learning path. If you're good enough in C/C++ you should find POG programming quite similar. You can find the Particle's iWar2 developer's kit at www.i-war2.com/downloads_3.htm

Please send me through private mail of this forum a valid email address. I'll start to build a pool of contributors and contact you.

The message is also worthy for serious contributors willing to get involved in this project.

Check this forum from time to time. Some announcements should be made in the upcoming weeks.

Cheers all,

burja2

More
16 years 7 months ago #16663 by Lionheart
email sent =0)

More
16 years 7 months ago #16671 by VirtualHermit
Burja I just sent you an email too...

For the other folks here. I code in Delphi and am learning C# / .NET for work, and would like to try to learn POG. But like everyone else I have a full plate and can't make any promises other than I'll try a few scripts to see if I can contribute / can get teh hang of it.

VH

More
16 years 7 months ago #16673 by burja2
Replied by burja2 on topic A new Coder in the making...
Thanks Guys,

I'm adding up your names to the contact list. As I said in my last post, we are currently at the planning stage for the next release.

Before tasking someone to do something, there is necessary to make a plan (and provide a clear target to achieve).

The process may be perceived as lengthy or too slow for some people but as a matter of fact, most of us (if not all) have a career/family/assets to take care of and things are evolving at a pace.

The Japanese "Little steps" Process... Isn't it Cambragol ? ;)