getting started in development

More
15 years 3 months ago #19092 by marshzilla
Hi everyone!
I just stumbled upon this game again, years after having played it as a kid in Germany. Out of Gymnasium (High School, more or less), I am now a Computer Science/Software Engineering Major in Seattle.
I haven't worked on big code yet, but I was wondering if you all would be willing to mentor me to the point where I can work on the game and help out with whatever you have in mind for the game.

Let me know.
Joshua M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #16834 by SoupDragon
You'll get an answer here eventually marshzilla but you may want to repeat your request on the Torn Stars forum as well.

www.torn-stars.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=68

More
15 years 2 months ago #16835 by cambragol
Hi Marshzilla,

Coders are always welcome, as we are perpetually short of them. Mentoring you through the code itself is beyond me, and likely beyond Joco's time constraints. However I am sure we could both give you pointers and advice and some direction if you really want to try your hand at some POG coding. Let me know if you are really interested, and I will finish setting up some new links to Unstable Space and Torn Stars builds. I have them disabled at the Torn Stars site, but am going to change that shortly.