Multiplayer

More
20 years 3 months ago #8952 by William
Replied by William on topic Multiplayer
Thanks for the information. I already have a LAN-Connection set up, but it is never used, can I use this instead? You don't have to worry about answering this because I'm sure I'll find out before you reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8953 by William
It didn't work, so I'll go and see what that site has to say.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8956 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Multiplayer

Originally posted by William

It didn't work

if there was no other PC active in your LAN (on your LAN-connection) the game wouldn't recognize that as a valid connection. Also, even if another PC was connected you could have firewall issues too

I'll go and see what that site has to say.

The loopback should work for you, It only takes about 2 minutes to install it and I tested it multiple times sucussfully on my XP PC (It works with or without the LAN-Cable connected to the Network card). The Loopback appears to bypass the integrated XP firewall (since it's only a internal connection) which makes it a really good solution because you don't have to mess with the firewall settings.

Let us know if it works for you too.(You needn't worry about security issues because the firewall is still there between you and the "outside")

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8967 by William
Thanks alot. It worked perfectly.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8969 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Multiplayer
Glad to hear it!

If you want to see some cool weapons and ship mods in action and play a great botmatch, download the what_rocksv2 mod and try out the "Academy Assualt" game.

With the Epic Online mod you can also collect cargo pods that you can use in your SP game by playing the cargo capture game. you'll even find weapons and LDS drives on the map. (There is no frozen sewage there)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #9007 by William
I had already downloaded the What Rock Multiplayer Mod V2, but I never had the chance to use it until today. I'm not sure how to install it, I double-clicked the install.bat or whatever it is and I put it in to the mods folder and turned it on. When I did that Command Prompt flicked on and off. When I went into the game, and into Multiplayer, I looked at the options screen and there were no extra ships. What's wrong?