nps AI Beam weapons.

More
19 years 11 months ago #18117 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Is it possaible to have a special kind of Beam weapon that fires more often that current AI beam weapons do? In my mod i have given some ships beams (ranging from comms lasers to 30 km range capital class cutting beams) and they only seem to fire when the target 'gets in the way' of its firing arc. This is unfortunate.

is it possiable to make the cutting beams fire differntly? I would only want a firing arc of mabey 10 degrees vertically and horizontally. Just enough to simulate an AI doing what the human does with its cutting beams. I.E, make my Ai a little less forgiving if another ship stands infront of their guns.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10306 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
Beams do not seem to have fire arcs. And you cannot mount them on turrets. Very annoying. Buda5 has a workaround using standard cannons (but I do not know the details).

-Gtrout

More
19 years 11 months ago #10308 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
oo, i would really like to know the details of this, could you contact them and lead them in the direction of this fourm? How good is this work around? Do the beam weapons look esentially identical?

More
19 years 11 months ago #10311 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
Check here:
forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?s=3f...c80243&threadid=5458

After some "reverse engineering" (examining Buda5 ship systems .ini files and a lot of testing) I finally worked out how to make a cannon look like a beam. Sorry I haven´t post it here earlier, I´ve been busy with my exams lately[xx(]

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10312 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Excellent. Can the cannons look identical / neigh on to the players weapons? e.g. comms laser, mining beam, Cutting beam etc?

More
19 years 11 months ago #10315 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
LOL! We meet again Hemp Monkey! I'm currently researching a method to work around the beam weapon problem and get them on turrets, possibly through the LW files.

But here's something I just thought of: Has anyone ever thought about equipping a turret fighter with a beam weapon? Instant "Beam weapon on a stick" :D

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4