nps AI Beam weapons.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10325 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
if the file is not very large you could email me at jon underscore freise at msn dot com. And I will post it here. Interest is running high!

Standard cannon rounds are scattered off target a little bit. Jitter. the no_jitter property turns that effect off. Otherwise your beams would scatter about.

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10326 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
jitter means ...well...jitter. It has to do with how well a target is shot. I.e., with the best AI and a military tracker, a PBC shot will hit its target(lets say a small fighter) *Every* time.

However, if one was using a crappy Ai system and a notoriously innacurate weapon (e.g. gattling bolt) then the weapon would spray shots to the sides of the target and only like every 10th shot would hit it. the bigger the target the less this matters.

If a weapon that had a fire rate of 0.0 ...then it would probably result in the weapon looking like a weird shot weapon firing 100s of shots in a 'cone' like shape towards the target.

Tbe beams i want are for the AI , the player will still have to use his controls to get it to work. However i have made full use of the 'mouse and keyboard' set up (and edited my self) so this should not be increadbly hard.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 11 months ago #10328 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
Thank you for your explanation about the jittering thing.

I think that AI could very well handle these tracking beams, there are beam turrets on Buda5 Vorlon dreadnought and they´re quite effective. You can get it here: mods.firstones.com/buda5/iwar2/mods/vorlon_dreadnaught.zip

There is still a bug on my beam -- when you or your target is moving, the beam, how to say, "multyplies" and you get a @£$##¤ laser-show. I don´t know how to fix it. But if you´re interested, Gtrout, I´ll make some changes and send it to you on Sunday. It´s about 10kB.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10330 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
I require it as well. Infact i would like you to make some weapons for me, things i can just stick int he sims/subsims folders and then repack into the elitemod zip. That is how i have been doing my mod. Extracting the elite mod files to my drive, editing them, and then copying them straight back into it and loading up the game.

However, my cutting beams and coms lasers and mining beams, and even the cap ship beam, have all had some propertiy changed. i want the AI to have the exact same weaponry capabilties the humans have, however obv they will have a 5 degree arc in their weapon so that it is used more often against the player and in general combat.

oh yes, could you post some pics of the weapon in action, and this 'multipule beam' affect.

Is there anyway to make it so that the weapon the computer has does the cool 'beam focus point starts at the gun and heads towards the target' thing that the players beams do?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 11 months ago #10331 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
Ahhh. See, you didn't mention the refire rate. Now I know the technique you're talking about. Someone mentioned it recently. I hear it's reasonably effective. I too would like to see some shots.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #10347 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
This is the Great Lasershow:

This may be beautiful in a nightclub but it gets real nasty in a space battle. Still interested?

Oh, if the damn image don´t show up just go www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/lasershow.jpg

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.