nps AI Beam weapons.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10996 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Good news. I have managed to make the mining beams on frog flitters, and the cutting beams on corvettes, work fine.

What would be nice is if we could re-form the Comms Laser into something new. I was thinking it should 'fire forever' and would track. I dont mind i fit gives a laser light show. However i would like it to be a RED laser.
Basically the human would get one and it would be useful for shooting down missiles (the contact filter mod is a part of my mod by default, so you can target missiles).

For the AI I would like one that is also forever firing, and has the added benifit of being able to shoot down missiles as well. It would be on the front of ships such as Heavy Corvettes, cutters, and a few others. It would as an AI weapon shoot down missiles infront of the ship, and hopefully shoot at the human player as well.

Also, i cannot seem to get the Capital Class Cutting beam to work properly. It needs to have *0* kinetic value, at the moment when i run Second Chances beauty sim mod, and then REM and fire at my own ship with the weapon, it flings it all over the place.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11000 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
I think that the comms laser should be invisible because you can see laser beams in space only when they´re aimed directly into your eye and then you won´t see them for long...

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11001 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Can that affect be accomplished? A red dot?

Can a red 'paint' dot be placed on anything that is hit by the beam?

More
19 years 10 months ago #11026 by Kenf
Replied by Kenf on topic nps AI Beam weapons.

Originally posted by Vladimir

I think that the comms laser should be invisible because you can see laser beams in space only when they´re aimed directly into your eye and then you won´t see them for long...

That would be terribly frustrating , (anyway there is lots of debris created by our battles in space) ie you'd cruise along fine for a while then suddenly kaboom you are hit by a laser beam thingie , which isn't cricket , though thats a thought off mechwarrior (4?) have null things such as stealth hull plates be laser proof (ie reflective then you could really play tennis with laser beams)

but curiously a US company is developing next gen video units that shine very low wattage lasers into your eyes (ie retinal projectors) an off shoot of a military project (and something common in SCI FI)

More
19 years 10 months ago #11027 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Nah, its the coms laser just is not strong enough to do damage. This thing will infact be shooting down missiles quite a bit mind.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11028 by Kenf
Replied by Kenf on topic nps AI Beam weapons.

Originally posted by Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Nah, its the coms laser just is not strong enough to do damage. This thing will infact be shooting down missiles quite a bit mind.

Shooting down missiles only? , tsk missiles never bother me it did in I war 1 (say how did I was 1 end anyway . since my old PC broke years ago when I had it and I remember only fragments of it like when you had to catch nuclear bombs , fentons waypoint , crashing into the carrier flight deck , chasing pods fired out from a bio bomber , going into different dimensions being overwhelmed a few times etc) or was that Xwing vs tie fighter ? still unless missiles are made much much more deadly its not really worth it since with the Expert mod (where everybody has deadshots) (ie they can turn on a dime and have mutli antimatter warheads) , I just avoid them (easy) , or just get hit (easier but limited) or if they just happen to be facing me I have a crack with the rapid fire PBC