nps AI Beam weapons.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10316 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
Yes, all you need to do is to use appropriate setups, for example, if you want to do a tracking cutting beam you need to use folder /avatars/cutting_beam/ in resource.zip, extract it to resource folder, rename the folder cutting_beam for example to cutting_beam_tracking (just in case) and modify the setup a little. Locate the next text in it:

AddNullObject <node class=icBeamAvatar texture=cutting_beam repeat=10 speed=-0.5>
ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
0 -2 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ParentObject 1
ShadowOptions 7

and change the last number of this line:
0 -2 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
to the lenght of the beam, probably it is in meters.

Then you need to create sims/weapons/cutting_beam_tracking.ini using some PBC file as a template (remember, your tracking beam is in fact a cannon!):

[Class]
name=icCannon

[Avatar]
name=lws:/avatars/cutting_beam_tracking/setup

and make a system .ini file for all of this.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10318 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
Have you actually tried this? Because it won't behave anything like a beam weapon. It will just fire a giant bolt that will simply fly off into the distance.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #10320 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
I do not have good editing skills. I am just very skilled with EoC and am well hearsed in all forms of stratergy across all sorts of games. I also have note pad. and that is just about all i have been using to make my ' elite : EoC how it should of been ' mod. Oh, and second chances's lws file to fix the large corp interceptor 8P.

It would be nice to have a beam weapon that id not fly off into the distance forever....

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 11 months ago #10322 by Vladimir
Well, this thing looks exactly like a beam but it tracks your target like a cannon. And that´s the point.
Here is the prototype i made:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/tracking_beam.zip
You can use it like other mods, never mind that there is no html description included. After all, it´s just a prototype for testing things. I hope that the link works, I´m always having troubles with these.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10323 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic nps AI Beam weapons.
I can't follow the link.

But do I understand this correctly - basically the beam is attached to the launcher. The same way the muzzle flash works? So if a turret had a 2km long muzzle flash shaped like a beam that lasted a few seconds, and the turret fired invisible (to the eye) bolts that moved very fast, you end up with a tracking beam "cannon" that can sweep across targets?

-Gtrout

More
19 years 11 months ago #10324 by Vladimir
AAARGHHH! I hate making web pages!:(! Mabe if you copy the link address and go there manually you can get the file.

Anyways, tracking beam has nothing to do with muzzle flashes. Basically it is a very long bolt that is shooted very rapidly -- refire_delay=0.0 . There is also another variable -- no_jitter=1 . I don´t know exactly what it does but I guess it has something to do with changing the cannon bolt to beam. I may be wrong, though.