ship sizes

More
19 years 10 months ago #11016 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic ship sizes
Now now second, dont burn him. Major Tom rocks and is worthy of respect just like you mate. It is an easy mistake to fall into, guessing the motives of others.

Anyway, 0.69 is a bit much :S, esp in EoC where the cockpit feels like its pressed against your face. 0.8 or 0.85 is perfect. Close enough to make things feel bigger/faster, far enough to be actually worth, good enough to the ORB useful.

And for the other cameras? Yes, i want to make the next 'F1' a rear facing view that hopefully wont get clipping errors (viewing the ship from the inside out and still seeing the engine thrusts and such like that.

In my mod i do not want any 'magical cameras'.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11017 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic ship sizes

Originally posted by Second Chance
[boshade id="quote">

Nothing has possessed me. I just don't believe what you said.

Post the screen shot of your scores to prove what you said.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #11020 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Do you doubt me as well?

More
19 years 10 months ago #11021 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic ship sizes

Now now second, dont burn him. Major Tom rocks and is worthy of respect just like you mate. It is an easy mistake to fall into, guessing the motives of others.

I'm not burning him, I'm arguing. And I would never disrespect him. He's become a good friend. He and I have been arguing about this for a long time in our private forum and we'll probably never see eye to eye. We don't normally have a problem with disagreements, but I was annoyed by the implication that I couldn't possibly be achieving any kills using my prefered FOV, and that not only was I not achieving them, but that it would be impossible for anyone to achieve them.

I prefer the visually correct 0.69 FOV figure myself. And since I don't really like the cockpit model anyway, I don't mind mostly not being able to see it. I'm glad you've found something that works for you.

As far as the funky, non-FOV camera adjustments you want to make; MajorTom's got a lot of time doing custom director scripting, so he may be able to help you on that.

And again, I'll get up a pic of my score screen as soon as I can get another round going.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #11023 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
It would not be the first time the abilty for the human to adapt to stimulus has been underestimated.

More
19 years 10 months ago #11029 by Kenf
Replied by Kenf on topic ship sizes

Originally posted by Second Chance

2. The ship performances, like turning and acceleration, are really high for ships as massive as the ones in EoC. Couple this with the fact that a ship the size of an ocean liner only has a crew of one?! and you get ships that don't really convey a feeling of size.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Ships with a crew of one eh? , hold on the mother ship in HW could be crewed by one person only , maybe to add realism when you kill capital ships they release escape pods , flitters maybe an ideal candidate for this. (those things in the gold rush mod really conveyed the tiny size of yourself and insignificance in the universe of yourself)

reminds me of a wing commander type game (privateer maybe?) you could dock / tractor beam in people's escape pods as they ejected , and then you could take the pod to a station and sell them as 1t slaves , or as animal meat