ship sizes

More
19 years 10 months ago #10983 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic ship sizes
Absolutely test it to see if it's to your liking. Probably, not everyone will be able to adjust to the new view properly. I, however, have never had any of the aforementioned problems. However, I've also modded every single sim in the game to be somewhat slower than stock. This is likely a factor in what MajorTom mentioned.

However, I am also using this FOV in the SW mod testing (which uses fast and tiny ships), and don't have any trouble racking up kills.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10984 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic ship sizes
Cool! I can't wait to try this out. The stations and ships are huge, but they just don't feel it.

I have wondered what could be done to change the feel. Granted, it is nice to be able to have more a more wrapped vision. Hey, has anyone tried a dual monitor setup?

-Gtrout

More
19 years 10 months ago #10995 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic ship sizes
A value of 0.8 is..... As it should of Been :D. It is just a big enough change to make ships look larger, but not so much that it causes the cockpit to look abnormal. Infact it fixes a problem, one can no longer see the edges of the cockpit model if you do extreme G manuvers.
A ship now flying past your face FEELS like you missed it by an inch now. Its perfect!

Now, could i make it so that the Next F1 view is pointing to the rear? preferably in such a away that it doesnt cause cliping errors for the ship model (reguardless of which ship the player chooses) and in general looks great. No more 'magical camera points of view' for me! In my mod one cannot press F2 to check out the cargo on a ship far far away, no...you have to GO There and LOOK.

Also, another side affect of this new view is one actually *uses* the ORB at the top right of the Hud. I find i am constantly looking there now.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 10 months ago #10999 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic ship sizes

Originally posted by Second Chance

However, I am also using this FOV in the SW mod testing (which uses fast and tiny ships), and don't have any trouble racking up kills.

Prove it. ;)
I won't believe that until you've posted a screen shot of an end game score screen.

More than likely the other bots are killing your target and you're not getting the points.

With exception of a couple of lucky hits the only kills you can make with an FOV of 0.69 in the current SW mod is with missiles.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #11003 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic ship sizes
*cough*

Well, with my AiSoB mod i would able to kill people at 0.69, and i can assure you, the AI are not exactly 'pushovers'. And i was in a police pat com.....

However i shall stick with my value of 0.8 thank you very much :P

How can i change the other camera views?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 10 months ago #11013 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic ship sizes

More than likely the other bots are killing your target and you're not getting the points.

With exception of a couple of lucky hits the only kills you can make with an FOV of 0.69 in the current SW mod is with missiles.

What the hell would possess you to say something like this? I've been fighting and killing single-handedly in all game types with an FOV of around 0.61 since I started playing EoC. And the SW mod hasn't given me any difficulties with making kills. I can't imagine why you have such a hard time with it. I think you just don't like it. And some other people are bound to feel the same way. I'm sure it's not for everyone. But it does provide a more realistic (and reasonable, I think) view. Hemp Monkey seems to love it. And I love it. And many others will love it too. Just because you can't work with it doesn't mean it can't work for anybody.

A difference of opinion is one thing, but you're trying to tell people to not even bother trying it because you don't like the results. I think it's the single best change I've ever made to EoC, and I heartily encourage people to at least give it a try, if they feel it's something they want. Anyone who's perfectly happy with the current view wouldn't be looking for a change anyway.

And I'll post a SW score screen as soon as I can get the mod to work again.

How can i change the other camera views?

Just look for the other camera entries in flux.ini. Is that what you meant? Are you planning on changing the FOV for other cameras as well?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4