New thread for my cloud texture issue

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12738 by GrandpaTrout
I am sorry for the lack of a reply. I guess the code is drifting from the documentation. The tools are undergoing a little revision right now to support some missing features needed for the economy simulation.

I still do not get nebula or belts to show up with any objects. I only get a marker location. I think the system startup code is actually placing the nebula. Which is kind of cool - because it means we might be able to change nebula sizes dynamically.

I noticed there is an atmosphere value in the planets.ini file. It looks like you might be able to change the value from 1.1 down to 1.0 or less and cause the atmosphere texture to be smaller than the planet.

I also noticed that the atmosphere should not show up unless pressure is greater than some value. So maybe one of the unknown fields is atmosphere pressure. If anyone figures this out, post.

There might be a bug mixing up population, faction and station type. I can't remember if that was a fix to the geog tools, or the save_type program. Anyway, keep and eye out for that one. If it is the geog tools I will push to release and update. (most of my changes are not much use to anyone not using the whole epic code base).

[edit]
Cambragol is the master behind the banners. I have no idea how it is done, but it sure is neat!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12740 by Shane
Funny. I've had no problems with belts showing up. All of mine are complete with the 'center' diagonal marker on the map.

Haven't tried a nebula though.... not brave enough to tackle that one yet. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.