A few more ideas

More
19 years 7 months ago #11689 by dertien
Replied by dertien on topic A few more ideas
Ok, everything is clearer now.

Will epic have the possibility of flying more than 5 different ships ? I will the player have the possiblitity to buy more than from a choice of 5 ?

peace out !

I took a look at the Epic darkcurrents site, and will gather all ideas and q&a 's on a website so that people know whats been brainstormed, whats possible etc...

Gute Leute muss man haben, Gute Leute !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11692 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic A few more ideas
Ah modeling. I have gmax and some scripts I wrote for Neverwinter Winter Nights. *sigh* No lightwave in the house. Mind you if there was documentation on the necessary file format of lightwave the models need to be in then some interesting possibilities open up.

Cheers,
Joco.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11697 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic A few more ideas
Not really. It's not the model format, it's the texture mapping. LW uses a custom planar projection system combined with the seperate use of discreetly defined surfaces that, apparently, nobody can properly translate or emulate. Even the expensive high-end converters can't do it properly. I've been on the phone with Right Hemisphere about it, and since the LW 5 texture format is so old, I guess it's no longer worth persuing by them. I've also talked to a LW plugin designer named Al Street (who was nice enough to try and custom build a plugin for me to convert standard UVW coords to LW 5), but he also says this is just not possible.

So it's not the meshes you need LW for, it's the surfacing and texturing. Sorry. [:(]

[edit]
Just fixing some spelling :D
[/edit]

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 7 months ago #11698 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic A few more ideas
Oh bugger.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11700 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic A few more ideas

Will epic have the possibility of flying more than 5 different ships ?

No, sadly. EoC only supports 5 player ships. There are really two choices 1. The player gets 5 ships and then can change the ship loadout. or 2. The player can have any number of ships, but you can never change the loadout.

This is because I will never have time to code a custom loadout GUI.

But 5 should be enough to get a life pod, a small freighter, a tug, a patcom and a corvette. And that is quite a few choices.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 7 months ago #11718 by dertien
Replied by dertien on topic A few more ideas
Hum, aah, maybe I expressed myself uncorrectly:

Its ok to have only 5 ships flyable in the hanger, what I meant is, If ur tired flying the storm petrel and you have 4 other ships allready, will it be possible to go back to a station and exchange your storm petrel for a maas interceptor, or a choice of 20 other playable ships, but still have 5 playable ships in the hangar at any given time.