iTrafficCreation and iScriptedOrders

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #12732 by Joco
Next challenge please :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #12733 by GrandpaTrout
MajorTom has a good idea about making the cargo pods vanish. When I tried this with stations in the past, my cargo pods docked at the ship docking ports. It could very well be that I misunderstood how to dock them properly at the time. or used a station without a working cargo spewer - or something else. But getting pods into stations with a working cargo spewer is one of the few remaining pieces to replacing the traffic scripts.

One of the few other remaining pieces is capsule jumping multiple ships. Perhaps that is handeled automatically by the traffic script. But testing AI capsule jumping would be let us know if there is still more work to be
done.

What else is left that needs research? Oh, yes. We can turn off the standard traffic by removing the system startup scripts. However, that removes all the special waypoints placed around each station. And perhaps the Lpoint handelers as well. (Look in scripts.ini in the EoC resource directory). So the question we need to answer is how to turn off the PS traffic scripts, without stopping our own traffic scripts from running correctly. How to turn off traffic, while keeping the station startup. And it could be as simple as using iRegion calls. But I have not researched it.

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #12734 by Joco

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout

MajorTom has a good idea about making the cargo pods vanish. When I tried this with stations in the past, my cargo pods docked at the ship docking ports. It could very well be that I misunderstood how to dock them properly at the time. or used a station without a working cargo spewer - or something else. But getting pods into stations with a working cargo spewer is one of the few remaining pieces to replacing the traffic scripts.

Ok - on em all :)

Re the above piece. Have you seen cargo pods being swallowed specifically by the spewer via the PS scripted stuff?

More
19 years 3 weeks ago #12735 by GrandpaTrout
Yes. The pods launch of of freighters and then dock to the spewer. But, IIRC, I could not actually find the spewer docking ports in the INI file. Which means they are getting dynamically created. There are some dockport finding calls that might let you locate them in iDockport.

These are the kinds of mysteries that make modding a little slow.

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12739 by Joco
I've seen this happening in game now. Hmmm interesting little problem - the docs and .h files aren't a lot of help either. Though I have an idea to reverse engineer this. :)
--- 13-Apr ---
Progressing on this. I have been playing with subsim and idockport packages to try and isolate the spewer docking ports. Somethin is definately there. I also had a go with the cutscene/director packages funtions for finding station modules. But they don't seem to work.

After looking through the spewer_cargo_port_only.ini I noticed that the types_flag entry is 64. When I looked at the dockport type enumeration there didn't seem to be any particular entry with this value. However when passing 64 to iDockport.Count( iSim.Cast(station), 64, DS_Any ) i get back a count of 4. None of the standard dock port enumeration types seem to do give this count. Interesting ...
Tonight I will create 4 cargo pods and dock em on each of these ports and see where they end up. :)

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #12741 by GrandpaTrout
Ah clever! Well, that explains why I could never find them! Four is the magic number - so I have high hopes.