FTEX generator

More
18 years 6 months ago #14007 by Jasper
Replied by Jasper on topic FTEX generator
genftex

It was totally busted - fixed now, new version here:

pointless.net/eoc/genftex.zip

To get flux to use ftc in preference to .ftu you have to select the use compressed textures option under the graphics menu.

I tried to just have the .ftc version of the HotelAst* textures, but after enabling the access_log in flux.ini and reading up a bit more on modding i noticed that with compressed textures disabled flux grabs the hotelast*.ftu files from the resource zip.

So i guess if you want to force flux to ignore old textures, they must have names that don't appear in the resource.zip file.

I've been using the HotelAst* textures for testing cos i'm docked to a common metals mine atm - Where can i go to see other textures that are unique to TS (e.g. the nebula textures)?

P.S. i built a .ftc decompressor (it spits all the mipmaps out as .bmps):

pointless.net/eoc/ftc-ati.zip

I'll tidy then up into a decent release at some point.

PSO files:

I've had a bit of a look at the .pso files, they are iff format internally. They have 2 different formats - "PSO " and "PSO2", all the TS .pso's are "PSO2" (well all the ones i looked at where), and all the ones i looked at in resource.zip file where "PSO ", so it looks as if the converter we have is newer than the one that was used to build the game with (or at least parts of the game).

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #14016 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic FTEX generator
Hi Jasper,

I will give the new genftex a try tonight. As far as unique textures go, I can send you ona tour of the Middle States. Try Providence, Xu xuan, Bumpys Star, Li Po, Ripon (careful) Lombard, and Epitaph. They are all systems that are withing the 'Da Tianmen' nebula (game lore). In anycase all these systems have unique and very distinctive texures.

More
18 years 6 months ago #14045 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic FTEX generator
Well, I tried out the new genftex, but it still doesn't seem to be working. Textures are not showing up. That is with the use compressed textures option on. Maybe I am doing something wrong....

More
18 years 6 months ago #14046 by Jasper
Replied by Jasper on topic FTEX generator
Have you enabled the access log in flux.ini? it's really useful for finding out what files the engine is loading and from where.

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/