Rejected by Server - World not Created

More
21 years 3 months ago #17678 by GrandpaTrout
When I try to create a standalone cluster, I get this failure and EOC exits.

Right now I just have one system. It is the same system I have been using, but without any intersteller Lpoint links.

If I include Hoffers_wake in my cluster it loads fine. I don't even need to link to hoffers wake. I was wondering if anyone knows what the dependency could be?

I am running single player. Do multiplayer maps require some item that is in hoffers wake, but not on my new map? Something the engine code might look for if single or multiplayer?

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4665 by GrandpaTrout
More strange behavior:

During base launch, I am putting the player in a prefitted tug. If I first place this tug near a station in hoffers wake, all is well. (I am using the Freelancer Coop).

If instead I place the player next to a station in my new system, I don't get any ship models. The ship is created correctly. The handle is not null. Power and weapons display on the hud, just like they should. But no ship can be seen.

If I try to create other ships, I get the ship, at the proper location. But no model for the ship. Just 'waypoint' that lets me know it arrived at correct location.

Very strange. Anyone see anything like this before?

It is only geography related. This code runs fine when I place the player in hoffers wake.

-Gtrout

More
21 years 3 months ago #4666 by GrandpaTrout
Found a workaround to the missing ship syndrom. If I capsule jump the player from hoffers gap into the system, then the ship appears fine. So do all subsequent ship creations.

Quite an unpleasant solution. And makes me worry that player fleet ships will not recreate correctly in other custom systems. The chessboard idea may hit a wall. The player can still maintain a fleet, it just has to be very near the player.

We have some rocky technical water ahead.

-Gtrout

More
21 years 3 months ago #4667 by GrandpaTrout
Issue resolved. Thank you EricMan, the key was in your code.

iGame.SetStartSystem() is needed to let the engine know where you intend to place the player.

It defaults to hoffers_wake and that is why I could not remove that system. Now I call this function when a New Game is started, placing the player in the test system, and all works well.

If I call this when the player saves, to record the system the player is last in, the restore works fine as well.

Still don't know what happens to other ships out of system. But we can deal with that later. All pieces are in place to launch the Middle States cluster. Just need to type in the data. :D

-Gtrout

More
21 years 3 months ago #4668 by EricMan64
I don't want to sound stupid, but what was in my code that helped? I scripted the starting stuff for my system so long ago that I don't really remember much about what I did.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4672 by GrandpaTrout
You used the iGame calls. When I spotted that I went to read about them more closely. I only thought they delt with save games and time. Lucky for me you tore into this "life without a base" stuff first. I have been able to borrow extensivly :D

-Gtrout