Rejected by Server - World not Created

More
21 years 3 months ago #4682 by NathanKell
{Kermit mode}
YAAAAY!!! {flaps arms wildly}
{/Kermit mode}

www.battletechmodproductions.com/
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4690 by EricMan64

{Kermit mode}
YAAAAY!!! {flaps arms wildly}
{/Kermit mode}

[Dr. Evil mode]
Rrright
[/Dr. Evil mode]

More
20 years 4 months ago #8027 by Second Chance
I am now having this same Rejected - World Not Created problem. Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong? I've created the map using the geog.exe and it went perfectly (it's really easy to make maps, btw). What could be the problem?
Code:
// // (c) 1999 Particle Systems Ltd. All Rights Reserved // // // // // Test package to learn scenario scripting // Package Name package john2; // Imports - the other packages we are using in this script. uses iGame, iShip, iMapEntity, Sim, iUtilities; // Exports - Functions in this package that other scripts can use. provides Main, ScenarioMain; // Enumerators (optional) - Any enumerators for the script defined here. // Prototypes - Functions defined for use in this package. // Code starts here ScenarioMain() { iGame.SetGameType(IGT_Mod); iGame.StartNewGame("map:/geography/john1", "john2");//map name/package name } Main() { hship player_ship; hsim grounds_waypoint; iGame.SetStartSystem("map:/geography/john1"); grounds_waypoint = iMapEntity.FindByName("John1");//test planet player_ship = iShip.Create("ini:/sims/ships/player/heavy_corvette_prefitted", "Second Chance"); //player_ship = iShip.CreatePlayerShip("Max"); Sim.SetCollision(player_ship, true); //Sim.PlaceRelativeTo(player_ship, grounds_waypoint, 0, 0, -50); Sim.PlaceNear(player_ship, grounds_waypoint, 1.0e+9); Sim.PointAt(player_ship, grounds_waypoint); iShip.InstallPlayerPilot(player_ship); } // END OF FILE
I don't need some kind of an .ini file for this do I?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 4 months ago #8036 by GrandpaTrout
iMapEntity.FindByName("John1");//

Check to see if this is returning a "none"

if (none == grounds_waypoint) {
debug Debug.PrintString("cannot find target world");
}

Try using iMapEntity.FindByNameInSystem() or the Sim version.

Are you including your map in the clusters.ini file? First try is to get the new map to show up without moving the player. Use the map screen to make sure all the objects and stations are where you expect them to be. Then try moving the player there. It is much easier to debug when the server lets you load.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 4 months ago #8037 by Second Chance
Thanks GrandpaTrout, that helped. But now the system seems to load (it doesn't reject me and crash), but all I'm getting is a black screen. I can hear the HUD clicking when I hit the arrow keys but I don't hear engines or anything else. Is there any additional player or system setup I left out. Here's the current code:
btw -
John2 = the package
john1 = the map
John = the system center name
I know I should have named these more distinctly[:I]
Code:
// Code starts here ScenarioMain() { iGame.SetGameType(IGT_Mod); iGame.StartNewGame("map:/geog/john1", "john2"); } Main() { hship player_ship; hsim grounds_waypoint; iGame.SetStartSystem("map:/geog/john1"); grounds_waypoint = iMapEntity.FindByNameInSystem("John1", "John"); player_ship = iShip.Create("ini:/sims/ships/player/heavy_corvette_prefitted", "Second Chance"); Sim.SetCollision(player_ship, true); Sim.PlaceNear(player_ship, grounds_waypoint, 1.0e+9); Sim.PointAt(player_ship, grounds_waypoint); iShip.InstallPlayerPilot(player_ship); } // END OF FILE
Thanks for the help.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 4 months ago #8039 by GrandpaTrout
grounds_waypoint = iMapEntity.FindByNameInSystem("John1", "John");

This must be the full map file name: "map:/geog/John". Put in the if statement so you know if the call failed. It puts the debug print into the log file. By placing these debug prints after places that might fail, you will track your errors down much quicker.

Have you proved the map is loading correctly? Using the map screen?

POG programming is all about making very small steps. And proving that things worked at each step. It is tempting to go for everything at once, but it seldom works out.

-Gtrout