Rejected by Server - World not Created

More
20 years 4 months ago #8043 by MajorTom

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout

I am running single player. Do multiplayer maps require some item that is in hoffers wake, but not on my new map? Something the engine code might look for if single or multiplayer?

-Gtrout

You figured it out before I had a chance to reply, but no you don't need a reference to hoffers wake for MP maps. I think thats covered automatically per default in:
iGame.SetGameType( IGT_MultiPlayer );

Have Gun, Will Travel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8046 by Second Chance

grounds_waypoint = iMapEntity.FindByNameInSystem("John1", "John");

This must be the full map file name: "map:/geog/John".

Ok, sorry. I left somethimg out. Let me recap:
John2 = package name
john1 = map name (notice lowercase)
John = system center (system name)
John1 = planetary body (notice uppercase)

Again, I know these are pathetic names.

The FindByName() and FindByNameInSystem() functions both ask for string variables. Either; the string name of the map entity to find, or both that and the string name of the system. These are both map entities within the map. In neither case does the function make a reference to a url.
So "John1", the planetary body to find,
and "John", the name of the system,
are correct entries for this function. It must be something else.

Or do you mean that you have to identify the system name using the map url?
Code:
grounds_waypoint = iMapEntity.FindByNameInSystem("John1", "map:/geog/john1");
And if that's the case, why don't I get the "Rejected - World Not Created" message anymore? When It loads I can hear the HUD. And I can quit and resume the game back to my map. Could this be a bug cause by my inept code:p?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net

cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
20 years 4 months ago #8049 by Second Chance
Ok, it's definitely creating the world. When I switch to an external camera I'm staring straight at the sun (and it fills the screen). But I can't move and there's no hud and no ship (although I can hear the HUD clicking). When using the internal camera I can see a small "spot" on the screen near the center, but I don't know what it is. The flux log is not printing either GrandpaTrout's debug message or mine. For clarity here is the full new code:
Code:
// // (c) 1999 Particle Systems Ltd. All Rights Reserved // // john1 // // // Test package to learn scenario scripting // Package Name package john2; // Imports - the other packages we are using in this script. uses iGame, iShip, iMapEntity, Sim, iUtilities, Debug; // Exports - Functions in this package that other scripts can use. provides Main, ScenarioMain; // Enumerators (optional) - Any enumerators for the script defined here. // Prototypes - Functions defined for use in this package. // Code starts here ScenarioMain() { iGame.SetGameType(IGT_Mod); iGame.StartNewGame("map:/geog/john1", "john2"); } Main() { hship player_ship; hsim grounds_waypoint; iGame.SetStartSystem("map:/geog/john1"); grounds_waypoint = iMapEntity.FindByNameInSystem("John1", "John"); if (none == grounds_waypoint) { debug Debug.PrintString("cannot find target world*********************************"); }else { debug Debug.PrintString("Creating World - John*********************************"); } player_ship = iShip.Create("ini:/sims/ships/player/heavy_corvette_prefitted", "Second Chance"); Sim.SetCollision(player_ship, true); Sim.PlaceNear(player_ship, grounds_waypoint, 1.0e+9); Sim.PointAt(player_ship, grounds_waypoint); iShip.InstallPlayerPilot(player_ship); } // END OF FILE
*edit - whoops, forgot to turn developer mode on[:I] That's why it didn't show the debug messages. Unfortunately what I said above is wrong, GT's debug message is coming up. I think it's creating the world but there something wrong with it (I can see the sun but nothing else).
Code:
SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.StartupSpace: Completed SCRIPT: [unknown] iUtilites.AllowMissionSkipping: called. SCRIPT: [unknown] cannot find target world*********************************iStartSystem.FinalSetup: Making Performing last minute pre-flight checks... SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.finish_loadout: Checking turret fighters, cargo etc... SCRIPT: [unknown] iWingmen.AddTurretFighters: No turret fighters. EXITING SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.finish_loadout: Completed SCRIPT: [unknown] iStartSystem.FinalSetup: Completed SCRIPT: [unknown] iBackToBase.Initialise: Game is not in Single Player, iBackToBase disabled.

GrandpaTrout, would you mind looking at my map csv file?

More
20 years 4 months ago #8050 by GrandpaTrout
Yes, the system map name must be the full url of the map file. Don't know why the behavior changed. Typically, when an object cannot be found the system will place the object at the very center of a map. Typically inside a sun. This is often a very bad place to be, as the rapidly following heat explosion makes it hard to debug issues. I have never tried it without the sun. And I expect that is what you are seeing. Your ship is in the very center of the map - but not exactly placed yet. A wierd state that no one tests.

Add the if statements and post back the results.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 4 months ago #8051 by Second Chance
:D:D:D:D:D Ohhhhh Happy Day!!!!! IT WORKS!!!

Thanks GrandpaTrout, you were right about the url issue. My system now works perfectly and looks awsome (and systems are so easy to make, thanks to the geog sdk [8D])!

That means my old game design project Space Master is reborn as an EOC mod (I was writing it in Blitz3d, but that is sooo limited).

More
20 years 4 months ago #8055 by EricMan64

and systems are so easy to make, thanks to the geog sdk

You new modders have got it too easy. Take a look at the geography I used in Ultimate Freeform Mod. That was done entirely using a hex editor. All over 1000 entities; that was an entire month of my life.