Epic Code Release 3b

More
20 years 10 months ago #17782 by GrandpaTrout
Release Notes for version 3b, June 18th, 2003.

This version of code released to prepare for integration with new player ships.
It is not really ready for public release, but we are letting it out anyway.

Notable Features:

* Player wingmen commands work! Press <Shift> B to get a freighter for a wingman. Purchase some pods. Haul them around. Go to a shipyard and purchase a "Spider Tug" wingman. Order him to attack passing targets.

* User manual doc that describes using the wingman commands.

You need to download the cluster from 3a, if you have not already done that. (or have not pulled the full packed cluster (internal team review at the moment)).

The new wingman commands are styled like the game BattleZone. Basically you use the number keys to quickly select your groups of wingmen and order them about.

Help prompts are displayed on screen, but you will want to take a look at the manual.

[Edit, old release removed]

Cluster with planet textures here (25+ meg)

[Edit, old release removed]

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6335 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Epic Code Release 3b
Found some stuff:

coming out of Jennys LPoint going towards "Lunchbox" you'll see a line (narrow stripe) on the map, down to the lower right. Judging by the Orb it is about 90° 'long'.

From there I traveled on Lars Outpost in Corliss. (went through a million LPoints to get there). The Station and the Chess Ships there had no faction, were yellow. Pressed shift B a couple of times and had bunches of freighters and cargo and depot waypoints. They all had friendly faction colors and were Merc.

Edit:
btw. I'm flying around in a TUG, is that supposed to be?
/Edit

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 10 months ago #6336 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic Code Release 3b
Yes, you should be in a Tug. :) When you press Shift B, it creates a bunch of test items actually. One of which is a player wingman freighter. Enjoy the freebies now, they won't last forever. The Emerald shipyard is selling Fast Attack patcoms, and Spider Tugs. Those make good wingmen.

I will check out the faction problem.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6337 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Epic Code Release 3b
Me, In a TUG!?!?
Got to get a better ship fast :D

I think when I pressed Shift B in Corliss where the others had no faction ident., the freighter, the wingman, cargo and the depot waypoints came double (2 each per key Press), but I ain't sure for sure.
No, I don't have a wireless keyboard.

Where are the blue planets? I need a real earth-like one.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 10 months ago #6338 by GrandpaTrout
Sorry, that one is a hand entry. And I have not hand entered it! If you set up your cutscene near Emerald, that planet will be blue and green, at some point.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6396 by GrandpaTrout
Found a major bug. If you try to go into the objectives screen, you crash to desktop (so don't do that!). No clue why this happens yet. Expect it has something to do with the act task not doing whatever it is supposed to do. EricMan? did you wrestle this issue with your mod? I seem to remember something not right with objectives.

-Gtrout