Epic Code Release 3b

More
20 years 10 months ago #6397 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Epic Code Release 3b
I haven't touched objectives yet for my current project and going to the screen doesn't crash anything, but I did experiment with them when writing the mission tutorial. From a quick look through your code, it would appear you didn't ever make any calls to the iObjectives package although you did list it with your includes it a few times (that was very mean of you, makes the search more difficult and confusing :)).

The only thing I can think of is did you set the global 'g_current_act' to anything? If you haven't, you should try setting it to something between 1 and 3. The objectives package relies on the act numbers more than any other part of the game, so setting an act number that isn't supported or not setting the act number at all may screw things up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6398 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic Code Release 3b
No, I never did set that global. Thanks! (runs for pog compiler)

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6405 by EricMan64
So, did you get it working yet? If setting that global using regular methods doesn't work, you may have to change things to start up space using 'iGame.StartNewGame( string system_url, int act );'. If I remember correctly you never used that function. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6407 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Epic Code Release 3b
Yes, setting the global worked like a charm. Thanks! I had seen the function that set the act task, but not the act integer. (I did not want to set an act task, because I have no idea what it should do).

-Gtrout

More
20 years 10 months ago #6408 by EricMan64

I did not want to set an act task, because I have no idea what it should do.

I don't either, so I would just ignore the whole act task thing. I think it'll probably just call whatever function it is you set when that act is started. It's probably where the game keeps its mission scripts.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6531 by aboe
Replied by aboe on topic Epic Code Release 3b
I just bumped into this forum. Its quite a while that I played I-war2, a half year ago dropped it from the harddisk, while betatesting eve, although I liked the game a lot.

At that moment, I-war2 seemed a dead end with no further development, multiplayer was not what it should be, and not anymore interested in continuing the linear story behind i-war2.

Having my first cruiser in eve, I was looking to name him after the Danube cruiser, as I stumbled in this part of I-war2.

Well you got me interested again to reinstall i-war2 install the epic mods and have it a go.
I am missing the flight dynamics of i-war in eve, so I am glad that you guys put your time in upgrading i-war2. Keep up the good work.