Uspace Bugs version 11.3 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16317 by cambragol
Agreed. We have left detailing reputation manipulation until the next iteration. Things should become a lot more realistic at that time. GrandpaTrout has lots of plans there, as the next iteration of Torn Stars will delve deeply into factions and relations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16319 by GrandpaTrout
Thanks to all our Alpha testers (Shingen especially) we have learned bunches, and found a ton of problem areas. It is going to take us a few weeks to clear this backlog of issues. It is not certain how some of them should be solved. Automated tests need to be created to catch some of the crashes and more.

I think the next update will be at the end of February depending on "real life".

More
17 years 3 months ago #16322 by esraven
A few days ago, I discovered something weired in the game.
I was exploring neigbouring systems, as I suddenly became aware i could not return to the systems my miners were in as I ran out of ?? to make a capsule jump. So I thought why not try to reach my ships by LDS. I was curious to see if I could get to the system where my ships were and if so, how long it would take. Selecting my ship in the target list, I headed that direction in lds. I took me almost no time to get to that system, but only could see the markers of the ships but no ships. I was physically there with my ship, but the game stills think I am in that other system.

Somehow I think it is better that it should not be possible to get there in LDS. Probably it is now that easy to do it as the velocities are changed. If so, it is probably better to change back the velocities such that it is practically impossible to reach the next system in lds.

Maybe also it is better to hide targets in the targetlist which are not in the system you are in.

A question, it is possible to get rid of the nebulae in the background
by changing some ini-file?

Greetz

More
17 years 3 months ago #16323 by esraven
Found a bug
Started new game normal play
Once the game started, docked to station, entered hangar, launched ship, redocked, entered hangar, launched ship again
games comes now in a abnormal state, I have no ship anymore, only space
game is not playable anymore
This bug can be repeated the way described.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16324 by GrandpaTrout
It is not be possible to get to another system using LDS. Can you explain in more detail what happened? Do you have a save game or a flux.log? Wingmen always show up in the target list, just to let you know they are still living.

Thank you for the bug about entering the hanger. I am removing the hanger from the game. Too many bugs. There will soon be a new ship loadout screen to replace the hanger.

Yes, it is possible to change the nebula. They are controlled from MS_Mod_Geog/geog/middle/ They are the *.lws files. You can edit the files in notepad. They refer to models which hold the nebula textures.

Which one do you not like? If you like one, you can make a copy of the *.lws file and then rename it over the system you don't like, to change the nebula.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16337 by esraven
Sorry , have been busy.
I don't think I have a save game of it. I will try to repeat the same actions I did then.
Game started was the mining path.

Being in an other system, I targeted my out of system wingman.
Aligned myself with the target, went in manual lds (no auto approach, won't work), maxed the lds and was in what appeared to me less the a minute in the system of my wingman. Saw the sun of that system getting bigger. I was passed my wingman before I realized that I only could see the target indication and not the object. Dropped out of lds. Tried to close in on my target. The target indication stayed yellow. No objects except for the sun as far as I remember. Maybe planets (I doubt although), but certainly no roids.
I try it again as soon as I have spare time.