Uspace Bugs version 11.3 (obsolete)

More
17 years 3 months ago #16338 by cambragol
Hi esraven,

I have seen this phantom wingman 'bug' quite a few times. I don't think it is a bug though. I think the location of the wingman in the other system is super-imposed over the map of the system you are currently in. If you try to autopilot to this location the autopilot tells you the target is out of system. However you can actually fly to this 'phantom' marker as if it were in system. I had just always assumed this was part of the way indicating an out of system target operated. Perhaps I was wrong GrandpaTrout?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16339 by GrandpaTrout
Ok. I have never tried to fly to an out of system wingman. Never thought it would work. Since sims do not exist out of system, they must have placed a marker in system. I guess I will try it and see what happens.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16343 by esraven
I have still a save file of the fore mentioned out of system "bug"
I have put it for download at
users.telenet.be/7s/Uspace/savegame4.sav
It is a save file while being close to the out of system objects
Target Fule dude. He is closest.

While trying to get back the same situation I had to restart a new game, option mining path, I found something else weired.
I did a capsule jump from the starting system to AL40064, but failed as I passed the 70 seconds (I saw already the end of the tunnel, but failed probably just a fraction of time. Back in normal mode, computer of my ship indicates me I am in the AL40064 system, but I also got the message I failed. My wingman who I left in the starting system are indicated as out of system. When I target them, they seem to be in the same solar system as I am.

The save game of it you can download as
users.telenet.be/7s/Uspace/savegame7.sav

Greetz

More
17 years 3 months ago #16344 by cambragol
Actually, you can also fly to out of system stations that you have marked in your contact list as well. They will just show up as an empty point in the system you are in. At least that is how I recall it. I noticed this in the vanilla game, which is why I never thought much of seeing it in US

*Edit*

Okay, maybe you can't. I am sure I saw something similar in the vanilla game. Maybe it was a mission or ship target of some sort...

More
17 years 3 months ago #16345 by esraven

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout

Yes, it is possible to change the nebula. They are controlled from MS_Mod_Geog/geog/middle/ They are the *.lws files. You can edit the files in notepad. They refer to models which hold the nebula textures.

Which one do you not like?

Just a personal taste. I prefer black space. No nebula, or very small.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16346 by cambragol
Well, most of the systems are just the Milky Way with a distant shot of the "Heavens Gate" nebula. There are only a handful of systems that are inside of it. You don't mean 'black space' minus the band of the Milky Way itself?