Good trade routes

More
18 years 6 months ago #18573 by cambragol
Good trade routes was created by cambragol
Pilots of the Middle States!

I am curious to know where everyone is doing their trading these days. Has anyone found any really juicy routes? Has anyone achieved enough status, or dared to expand their routes into the western areas? Is anyone trading in the Sultanate? Is anyone trading in the Leung Empire? And what kinds of goods are you trading? What kinds of ships are you employing?

Post your best routes here, because it is a big cluster, and there are a LOT of routes. We could all use a hand out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13816 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Good trade routes
I've made a few forays into Leung's territory. And am looking to expand towards the western front... getting bored with the eastern side.

I've got a Venice now (so much better than herding 3 SNRVs around) and have racked up over 300,000 credits. Allied with Emerald Alliance, Junkers, and most of the factions on the eastern side. My tug's about as kitted out as possible given the weak loadpoint configuration.

A good cargo run: Pick up metals (1000 credits/pod) from the Exotic Metal Mine in Alcuin and transport to Emerald. Sell at Azaran Exotic Metal Processing Plant for double the purchase price. Then head to the Nanofactory in Emerald and get some Darmstadium and Unununium for the return trip.

When this trip dries up (cargo production won't be able to keep up if you're moving large quantities), switch over to the following run:

Pick up metals at Bedalov mines (any one of the standard mines will do) and haul to Alcuin Metal Processor Plant. For the return trip grab pods from the Rare Metals Mine in Alcuin and take to the Rare Metals Processor in Bedalov.

Cheers,

Shane

More
18 years 6 months ago #13822 by TLAM Strike
Replied by TLAM Strike on topic Good trade routes
I'm not sure how much profit I made on this run but here it goes...

Exotic Metals; Alcuin > Li Po, Via Bumpy's Star and Xu Xuan.
-Pay the Pirates and the Law off. Cargo is worth 2.5 times the purchase price IIRC. Remember to bring your sunglasses to the Xu Xuan system, that Nebula is BRIGHT! (Perfect place for an old school ambush I say…);)

You might not want to carry any cargo onboard your own ship (assuming you use your own ship's docking port to carry an extra pod) since Bumpy's Star seems like a rough place. :)

I don't know of any cargo that can be carried on the return trip but then again you pay no Tariffs on empty cargo bays... :)

EDIT: I made around 10900 credits with this run using two fully loaded SNRVs.

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

More
18 years 6 months ago #13861 by TLAM Strike
Three Stage Trade Route:
Common Metals; Alcuin to Huang via Bedalov
Carbon Nanotubes ETC; Huang to Emerald
Mining Gear or Darmstadium and Unununium; Emerald to Alcurn via Bedalov.

-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

More
18 years 6 months ago #13864 by dendog220
Replied by dendog220 on topic Good trade routes
Hi there..

where can i locate the pirate base so i can get rid of some pirated goods?

i saw on the location finder that there r some places labeled "underworld"... but those stations still didn't take my goods... any thoughts guys?

More
18 years 6 months ago #13868 by TLAM Strike
Look around Processing and Mining stations for a Venice Class Freighter (The ones with the 20 pod capacity) that is a light blue IFF about 70 km from the station, he will fence your stolen goods. Close to within 10 km and hail him (Ctrl+C) and he will ask if there is any hot good you need to unload. If you can’t find a fence you can always scrap the pods with the Yellowstone class ship that hangs out near shipyards, he pays 300 credits for each pod. Sometimes those 300 credits you get from the scrapers are more then you can get from the fence! If your allies with a faction they will sometimes take your stolen goods, for example I salvaged a pod of Aluminum from ETCOM ship that was destroyed and sold it to 'Alliance Independent' whom I'm an ally with.

-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

-Jayne Cobb, Serenity