Good trade routes

More
18 years 6 months ago #13869 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Good trade routes
There are also Rumor Sellers. They can help you find fences. Check them out in the non-player ship help section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13883 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Good trade routes
So, have any brave and adventurous pilots ventured outside of the Dead Reaches? I am wondering if anyone has found a route through the Barrens, or perhaps between the Caliphate and Sultanate. If you want big cash, you would do well to head that way...

More
18 years 6 months ago #13884 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Good trade routes

So, have any brave and adventurous pilots ventured outside of the Dead Reaches?

Yes... I had my butt handed to me when I attempted to cheat the Sultan's tax collectors. I have since decided to reappear in that local at some future date and kill everyone. :D

Vengeance will be mine. ;)

More
18 years 6 months ago #13885 by TLAM Strike
Replied by TLAM Strike on topic Good trade routes
I just got chased though Lombard by some religious nut jobs after running the Ripon system. That place (Ripon) gives me the creeps! Something just not right about such an empty system.

Most of the prices in the CMC area are very high, best to sell out there and hull back something from the E. Alliance on the way home I think.

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

"But I don't wanna explode!"
-Jayne Cobb, Serenity

More
18 years 6 months ago #13889 by Tigous
Replied by Tigous on topic Good trade routes
Got one for you guys to try...

I was doing some research on viable neutronium trade routes (since neutronium is supposed to be the most expensive thing out there) and I found out that there is only ONE neutronium route (since there is only ONE neutronium mine and ONE processing plant in the entire cluster) and it is not 100% guaranteed:

JukeBox station in Bumpy's Star (Purchase Price: $2000/pod; there are some pirates here - get rid of them, that's what I do) -> Xu XUan -> Providence (Customs here) -> Emerald -> Penda -> Epitaph -> New Constantinople (another customs here) -> Al Wadi Neutronium Processing Plant (Sell Price: $8000/pod)

But there are some things that I've noticed and some I haven't had the time to find out:
1- The JukeBox station will only sell you the pods if you have a "friendly" reputation (that's another 20 grant wasted)
2- I'm not sure, but ir seems that the station will only sell you 10 pods at once, which could make this trade route REALLY not at all interesting (for one, the time spent on this trip can be quite long, not to mention the amount of capsule jumps you and your fleet will have to make (7 to go, another 7 to come back, minimmum) and how much you'l have to pay at those two customs (and I have absolutely no idea how much that is)

But if JukeBox can sell you more than 10 pods at once, this route can be quite interesting (say, if the station could sell, like, 60 pods - 3 fully loaded Venice ships - the PROFIT on a single trip can be around 250-300 THOUSAND credits - those 60 pods will give you 480,000 credits when sold to the processing station and the trip costs should be around 180-200 thousand credits, including the costs with capsule jumps, pod purchase at JukeBox, customs, etc)

But that is IF JukeBox sell more than 10 pods at once - I haven't got the time to check it out today... maybe later...

"We flow in unity Stand in one while the foolish be
Lost in this hour with power we have authority
To overcome while these cowards just pick up and run
But we ain't done 'till the battle be fought and won
This victory, how sweet it'd be, is already ours
Holding the stars is the Man that covers my scars
Always the same wear his name with no shame
Here in this battle cry, We Will Never Die"
Tribal Warriors

Holding the stars is the Man that covers my...

More
18 years 6 months ago #13890 by Tigous
Replied by Tigous on topic Good trade routes
--UPDATE ON MY lAST POST--

1- Sorry for the mistake, but the station's name Is not JukeBox, it's LUNCHBOX, sorry for that, my bad...

2- I've just played a little bit, even though I was not supposed to, but I've figured out a few things
- LunchBox belongs to the Junkers, so if you already have a reputation upgrade with them, they will sell you the neutronium ore pods alright
- Yes, LunchBox will sell you ONLY 10 pods at once, nothing more than that. If you got time to make such a long trip, the profit should be around 40-50 thousand credits.

Unfortunately this trade route is realy not that much viable, unless you leave one Venice freighter outside the Lunchbox station and visit it from time to time loading it until its full (if I'm not mistaken one fully loaded Venice should give you a profit around 80-100 thousand credits)

Holding the stars is the Man that covers my scars
Always the same wear his name with no shame
Here in this battle cry, We Will Never Die"
Tribal Warriors

Holding the stars is the Man that covers my...