Frigate possibilities for Epic and I-War

More
20 years 5 months ago #7474 by Hot4Darmat
For the Indie markings, you might want to see if Cormorant wants the campaign ship's name spraypainted on it or not (contact him about the name, as I'm not sure how 'secret' it's meant to be...).

You realize, of course that you've gone and branded yourself as an expert modeller now. Everyone and their mutt's going to come along and ask you to make them this or make them that. For example, some schmuck like me might come along and say: "I've always wanted to see what it would be like to pilot the (insert favourite ship name) [e.g. ECS Norway, or the US Dublin Again, or the Trumpet]. It would be cool if you would spend about 60 working hours on that for me, then give it to me for free, so I could toy with it for half an hour, then move on to whatever shiny object catches my attention next."

Seriously though, superb-looking work.

--
Hot4Darmat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7476 by Shane

For the Indie markings, you might want to see if Cormorant wants the campaign ship's name spraypainted on it or not (contact him about the name, as I'm not sure how 'secret' it's meant to be...).

A good idea. Cormorant, it will be about a week or two before I get to the point where the textures are done and the model is ready to put ingame. Whenever you're ready, just send me the ship name and number info (I'll have to check your first email... I believe you may have already sent me this stuff -- if so, nevermind :D).

Thanks Hot4, but I'd hardly call myself an 'expert modeler'. Let's wait until I get a ship in the game... and then give me another year or two! :D

I was serious about changing professions and doing this for a living; which makes all this very good pratice. So it all works out. And anyway, I just really like making ships. [8D]

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 5 months ago #7488 by Cormorant
> 1 frigate model with Navy markings but no comsec.
> 1 frigate model with COSA markings and with comsec.
> 1 frigate model with Indie markings and with comsec.

+ 1 frigate model with Navy markings and with comsec. :D I think this shouldn't be much additional work, as it would just be the original comsec texture copied and pasted to the front of the frigate.
If you don't have my mail anymore, just say it, then I can mail you the names and registry again.

So long
cormorant

More
20 years 5 months ago #7490 by Shane
No, I have your mail. I just didn't have the time to dig it up when I posted.

Are you kidding? I have archived mail from over a year ago when Epic first formed. :D

More
20 years 5 months ago #7502 by Shane
Cormorant: The command section from I-War is composed of 324 polygons. If this model is used it will place the total model for the frigate at over 571 polys.

I'm going to have to create a mock command section which looks like the original but uses less polys. Will this still function in your scripts?

Also, I'm encountering an error when I use the pix2tga converter. Have you seen this error code before?

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe - pix2tga Cstop X#=OC, CS=00C7 IP=0000248C.
The NTVDM CPU has encountered and unhandled exception.

Then the program closes.

If you've already extracted the files (or don't have problems converting the pix files), could you email me the comsec tga textures (Cstop, Csback, and Csbot)?

More
20 years 5 months ago #7503 by Cormorant
I've just mailed the textures to you :)