Frigate possibilities for Epic and I-War

More
20 years 5 months ago #7505 by Shane
Thanks. Got 'em. :)

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7510 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
err, with the comsec, i dont see how a hge ship wouldmake its 'brain' so vunerable by making that comsection so attackable, if you see what i mean. and if its causing poly problems too, then i tmight be an idea to have the comsec 'hidden' inside a well-shaped tube of plates.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 5 months ago #7513 by Shane
I thought likewise Jwk, but it will have to be Cormorant's call.

I'd thought about recessing it almost all the way into the front of the ship to give it some protection, but I think Cormorant's more interested in keeping the style of the original game intact.

What do you say Cormorant? Recessed (better protected but we wouldn't have the exact same docking texture as a Dread) or use the original type docking setup?

More
20 years 5 months ago #7520 by Cormorant
Well, I'll like to go for style and plot rather than logic at this point - after all it's still a game :)
Basicly, any of the I-War warships would be more realistic with a bridge hidden deep in the ship's interiour, but all the designs have their control centers right at the front of the ship.
We could say the Commonwealth Navy called NSO Industries and ordered a warship type heaver than the corvette, but compatible with NSO standard command units to reduce cost. :p After all, they're at war and still have other projects running, like the C-Fighter program or the Alabama class carrier prototype.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7525 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
well, at least stick a 'roughly right' shape polygon covering most of it, it shuld stillbe able to launch...kinda like this

////////////////////
////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
//////////////////////////////////
/////////////////

/// = plates

'' = comsec

i am a GOD of drawing with little symbols eh?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 5 months ago #7527 by Shane
I'll see what I can do. Remember, the Epic version of the ship can handle twice the poly count the I-war version can, so it should be easily do-able for the later version of the frigate.

On a related note, my LW 5.6 is supposed to arrive tomorrow (I've been tracking it as it made it's journey across the continent :D).

Maybe I'll be able to finally get the Terrapin ingame tomorrow night.