Frigate possibilities for Epic and I-War

More
20 years 4 months ago #8220 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
I think Lance is the best one. Its not fancy and bullshitty, but it does get the point accross...although...heh...lances werent exactly 'slow'. I remember seeing a historicaly accurate performance done by some highly skilled experts, the way that guy weilded the 'slow and clumbsy lance' lol. almost blew my mind as much as watching the knight in amrour doing gymnastics to show how plate-armour *didnt* reduce your mobility significantly

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8222 by Cormorant
"Lance" sounds nice in this aspect, as a test script of mine with its weapon loadout and performance showed that its power really depends on the way you handle the ship. I tried to create a moderately powerful and moderately fast ship that shows its full potential if thrusters and weapons are handled tactically, depending on the current target or situation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8223 by Sivadrake
lance isnt too bad i guess, just kinda plain. maybe in keeping with the 'naught you could name it the "Juggernaught" class frigate? its big, its mean and it looks like it could roll right over you:D

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 4 months ago #8225 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Cormorant

For a class name, I have nothing special on my mind. It seems that in the I-War universe, it's also a tradition to name the class after the first ship commissioned. In a test script, I have called the prototype "Enigma CNV-601" for a lack of further ideas, but that can be changed easily.
However, the prototype gets stolen by Indies and is re-named to "Expect Liberation", which puts up the question if the class should use the "original" Commonwealth Navy name or rather the Indie name.

If thats the case, why not call it the "Liberator Class"

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 4 months ago #8256 by Shane
Cormorant: The frigate for I-War is on it's way.

The textures took a beating in the conversion to the standard I-War palette. Sizing them to 256x256 did them no favors either. ;)

But, still, she came out fairly well.

http://images.snapfish.com/3396399523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234898%3B%3A%3A%3B2ot1lsi

Let me know how the conversion goes and what it looks like in the game.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 4 months ago #8257 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
I dont think juggernaught is a good idea for this ship, because the navy heavy cruiser is not only much more aptly named, but also would roll right THROUGH this ship with ease. I also think that 'lance' is indeed a good, but slightly dull name, more worthy of a fighter class ship , and certaintly not a ship so skillfully made.

Liberator class frigiate sounds bloody brilliant IMO. I mean, its not ecconomically fesable to have corperations supporting this size ship, so only independants would have it. And its the biggest an independant could aquire. A real 'liberator' if you (and your family/crew) can get your hands on it. Its just bigenough to be utterly self supporting. And it sports some nasty arnaments too. Infact, its something the Stepsons would love to have as a sort of 'family barge'.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310